Click Here to get this from pYzam.com!
Monday, September 11, 2006
Surprise, we (well I) got a smile today
Good evening friends and family. I (mommy) got a smile from T today. Whoo hoo!

I will start from the beginning though. We slept until 8 am or so and got up and got ready for M to take us to the orphanage. Today is the day the director signed the letter ok'ing us as parents. M spent a couple of hours with a REALLY HOT looking lawyer. Oh my goodness, I told DH I was sorry, but I am telling you this guy was a Ukrainian god. Anyway, we played with T for awhile and I took some little first word books for her to look at today. She really liked them. She got up after a while and got more active. She liked walking on the beams they had in the Gym. She carried a ball around the whole time she did this. She is a very bright and active little girl. About 10 minutes before we had to take her back she said something in Russian, which we thought may be potty, and went to get her shoes. For those who may not know it is a Ukrainian custom to remove your shoes at the door. So we all got our shoes back on and took her upstairs. She is in the same room whale was in when he was in the orphanage. It is so funny, all of the caregivers seem to remember him and they look at him and call him "Lunya" short for his Ukrainian name and he ask "Why do they keep looking at me?" We told him that they remember him from when he was a tiny baby and are surprised at how big you are getting. His response was "oh" That was good enough for him. We took one of the nurses to the hospital to get a couple of updated stamps on T's medical records. Then we ate lunch at a new cafe. It was really tasty. I had Chicken Pancakes, which were like a crepe with chicken salad inside and some fried potatoes. DH had chicken kabobs and rice to try to keep his stomach settled and whale had rice. M had the same as I did. After a few minutes the nurse came to the cafe and she had tea. Her and M left and went to another hospital so while we waited for whale to eat and M to come back I ordered a Margarita. WHOOOO let me tell you something, these are not the same as the US, talk about strong. My goodness, but it was good and then the next surprise was when we paid the bill, for all of that it was about $21.00.
We came back to the apartment and took a short nap, walked to the orphanage and got T from her group. We took her outside and she really enjoyed the slides, but they are so small and you really don't slide much. Anyway, for Whales birthday M gave him two balloons and we took one of them this afternoon and T carried it around everywhere and actually laughed at it. DH took whale to the bathroom so T and I took a walk with her carrying the balloon by a small piece of thread. She was holding my hand looked up at me and gave me a big smile. I was so happy. She is so cute. They had little jeans on her today. They were the Vitamin brand, I think I have seen that at LS Ayres and Macy's. Anyway, these were 18 months and the waistband was folded over once, but they seemed to fit pretty well. We took her back to her group for her dinner and we stopped at a market on the way back to the apartment. We got a big jug (approx 3 gallons) of water, 2 liters of Sprite and a bag of frozen dumplings and it was $6.00. I find that to be a pretty good price since the dumplings were about $3 by themselves. So here we are, another night to find something to do. Whale is watching a DVD with DH and I am going to go cook something to eat and I will start reading another book. I finished "Miracle Cure" by Michael Palmer last night. My sister gave me a huge book that has 3 novels in one so I think I will start that tonight. We are suppose to get the all important signature from the New step in this adoption from the local rep for the protection of underage children tomorrow and then M can overnight it to the SDA . If they get it by Wednesday then we hope to be in court no later than next Friday. Then our 10 days begin. Keep on praying and I will keep on blogging. Love to you all. Goodnight.

P.S. M has a picture of all of us on her phone and she has to get her husbands help to send it to my email. So I may have a picture of the family to post by Wednesday night or Thursday.


2 Comments:

Blogger cara said...

Hi from South Dakota and we wish you lots of luck as well.

We adopted from Ukraine last year. We were there from Oct 5 -Dec 12. Our blog is norbycjukraineangel.blogspot.com

I was wondering how you found out about your son's sister? please email when you have time. norbycj@hotmail.com

Blogger adoptedthree said...

AMy
I am holding you too it better post that picture I am dying to see how T is growing.

L

Post a Comment

<< Home