Click Here to get this from pYzam.com!
Sunday, August 20, 2006
Dossier Delivered to Ukraine
When we shipped our dossier to Ukraine last week, I fully expected it to be delivered Monday. I got online yesterday and tracked it and it had already been signed for by M. I don't know how it got from Belgium to Kramatorsk so quickly. So there is just one more reason for me to love DHL more and more. I will always use DHL over Fed Ex or UPS if I have my preferences. They are so quick and usually much cheaper than the other two. I haven't heard from M though to tell me that she received it and she usually lets us know when she gets the stuff we are sending over. I think I will have DH call tomorrow.
Yesterday I had to take my van in to the dealership to have them fix a couple of minor things. We drove both vehicles so we could all go shopping together and not sit there all day and wait for them to finish. We had a very good day. Wwe ate at McAllisters Deli, it was our first time, we really liked it and it was very reasonably priced. Anyway, after wards DH took me back to pick up my van. I took Whale and went to "Learning Express" it is such an awesome toy store. Well, after we had been there about 15 minutes or so, we made our way around the store and were standing by an upright metal rack (kind of like a coat rack) and hanging on this rack were 50-75 Stuffed cats and dogs attached to stiff cords so it would appear you were walking this stuffed animal. I had told Whale 2 times to quit running in and out of the middle of this rack. I was looking at these little activity books and I heard a loud crash. Well, you guessed it he knocked the whole rack over. Well, I was shocked and embarrassed and I yelled "whale", well not really whale, but his real name. I told him to sit on the floor and he was screaming and crying the whole time. Now this is not a huge store, so obviously everyone in there was staring at us. I picked up the rack and was putting all of the animals back on it. He is still screaming on the floor and I bent down to pick up a couple of boxes that had been knocked over when the rack hit them. Well, not only were the boxes on the floor, so was the completely broken in 1/2 wooden shelf they were sitting on. My heart was pounding out of my chest. My child is sitting on the floor screaming , I am panicking and there is a broken shelf. I picked up the shelf (it was about the size of the boxes that were sitting on it) and put the shelf between two of the boxes, grabbed whale and started walking out of the store. The owner of the store was coming our direction as we were walking out and said "awwww, it is ok" to Whale. HAHAHA! Wait until he sees his shelf, I am thinking it is not ok. I feel so guilty and I know I should pay for it, but we are so broke and we are going to Ukraine in a couple of weeks. I cannot pull any of the adoption money to buy a new display shelf right now. I feel horrible and guilty!

I suppose if I was really going to teach him a lesson I would take back all of the nemo birthday stuff and take the money to the guy at the store and make Whale give it to him, but I think I am not a good enough parent or bad enough parent however you want to look at it to make him suffer that way. That would completely devastate my boy and I can't take away his birthday. I did in my anger induced panic threaten it though. He cried "But mommy, I love my birthday, please don't take it" Would you? I am not. What would you all have done. Seriously, I have never been a parent, and I don't think todays episode was covered in my parenting guide book :(


1 Comments:

Blogger adoptedthree said...

Hmmm... Wonder what fun you will have with two curious kids in a store--smile

Dont worry the store has insurance!

Post a Comment

<< Home