Click Here to get this from pYzam.com!
Tuesday, August 15, 2006
The Dossier is finished
I came home from work today and in the mailbox was the most beautiful manila envelope I had ever seen. Complete with the black Sharpie words, Do Not Fold. Our fingerprint clearance letters. YAY!!! All I have to do is make copies of our passports, get them notarized and we can get everything apositilled. I am hoping to be able to do this by Friday.
I also heard from our translator. We are going to stay in her apartment while we are in Ukraine and she and her family will go to her Mother-in-laws home since she is at her summer home. Accomodations: Check! She was not able to talk to the director of the orphanage, he is on vacation until September 1st, so we will not be able to know T's sizes before we leave. However, our wonderful M said that there are new Malls in the Donesk region of Ukraine and we can go shopping there on one of the weekends we are there. I love shopping for kids clothes, and it will really be the first time I get to go for my Daughter :)
I have been listening to the "Pimsleur Learn Russian" at work and I tell you what, Russian is not an easy language to learn. You have to twist and turn your tongue and then flip it upside down just to say hello. I did learn that to say Very well, you say "AW Chen Kharasho". By the time I get to Ukraine I just may know a few words. Who knows, miracles happen everyday.

Goodnight!


2 Comments:

Blogger tom said...

Amy

If you go to the Russia forum on adoption.com, there are several links at the top that are for pdf's that several of the parents have put together of Russia/Ebnglish phrases for children. We took them with us when we got Daniel and they were invaluable. It's worth printing them out and taking them with you. There's also a huge outdoor market in Kramatorsk on Saturdays where you can buy pretty much anything you need.

Blogger adoptedthree said...

Hey Amy
We need to get together because I can tell you everything about the apartment and what to expect as well as what markets are close by! Hey see if you can find my tennis shoe!

LOL
Leanna

Post a Comment

<< Home