Click Here to get this from pYzam.com!
Wednesday, August 09, 2006
Nemo, Nemo, Nemo
Two very significant things happened today, well to me they were anyway.
First, I came to the realization that I only have 2 and 1/2 weeks of work left before I have to be ready to travel. My assistant is going to be doing my job, but she also is a floater in the office. Therefore, they need to get someone in the office like this week to learn her job so she can spend at least a week with me. There are some things she has never done and will have to do them while I am gone. Scary!
Second, We have decided to have Whale's birthday before we go to Ukraine. Not really fair to him to have to share his birthday with T when she gets home. So two days before we leave we are having a HUGE Nemo party at the Park with so many friends and family. We went to Factory Card Outlet today and I spent $75 on Nemo party things for this birthday and all of them will be thrown in the trash at some point. I tell you these themes for birthdays are a real racquet. Spend $4.99 for 16 Nemo plates that will be thrown away or get the plain old Chinet in white and get 50 for $6 or so. Well, then of course we had to have the tablecloth, napkins, stickers, invitations and Thank you cards to match. I did get Plain dinner plates, cups and streamers. That is another thing, Streamers, Nemo = $2.99 for about 50 Ft, Plain blue and orange $.79 for about 100 Ft. He is just so thrilled about this party and has talked about it non-stop for two days. Forget the fact that 2 days after that we are getting on a plane to bring home his baby sister. I guess to a 5 year old his birthday is more important than anything else.

We talked to our Translator today, she is hoping we will be done by September 28th. Meanwhile, I am thinking we have to be done by then as T's birthday is October 4th and she will spend her 3rd birthday at HOME, with her family. She said she cannot be sure since there is no idea what is going to happen at court. I personally think that since our translator had to hunt down the birthmother 3 times and have her sign and notarize the abandonment letter 3 different times they could take that into consideration and waive the 10 day wait. I mean it has been 2 and 1/2 years and not a single soul has claimed her what makes them think that during these 10 days something different is going to happen. We were also told we could not start any adoption paperwork until the 10 days are over, which just adds time to our stay that is not necessary. When we adopted in 2003 that part went relatively quickly anyway, it is the weekends that slow us down.
I need to get cleaning, I could clean every waking moment until we leave and still not have a clean house. We are all pigs here :(
TaTa for now, oh speaking of TaTa, I watched DOG the Bounty Hunter last night and man o' man does his wife Beth have some big ole Tata's, my goodness. Her wedding dress was so pretty, but good grief the boob's were so big. They were like a train wreck, you know you shouldn't stare but you just couldn't look away.

Sorry, I guess I should have called this entry "Random Thoughts" :)


3 Comments:

Blogger adoptedthree said...

LOL Amy about the tata's!
Anyway try and send one of those birthday invites our way and we will try to make it. I need to get you the stuff for you know who!

Leanna

Blogger tom said...

Hi Amy

I would expect you to have to stay for the 10 day wait, we were pretty much told that they never waive it any more in Kramatorsk. Goodness, we'd even been there a month before and done the initial steps and they still did not waive the wait. Daniel and Maggie's mother had her parental rights terminated & in fact they could never even find her to tell her that. Even on our second trip, we were gone for 3 weeks and 2 days and you still have to do all the adoption center stuff in Kiev that we'd already done. It's going to depend on when you get to Kramatorsk, how soon you can get the paperwork back to the adoption center and when you can meet with the judge and get a court date. I really hope you will be back at the end of September. You've waited long enough.....

Blogger Kim & Brad said...

I have never seen that show….but I have heard that they are huge. Are they bigger than Pamela Anderson’s or Dolly Parton’s. Guess I an going to have to watch it some day. I have heard it is a hoot!

Post a Comment

<< Home