Ok, first let me say we had our SDA appointment and it was very very quick and very successful.
Now, on to the details. We got on the plane in Indianapolis after a very through check of my backpack, for some reason it triggered something in their xray machine. He looked at all of the medications and Whale's v-smile game, then told me I could go on through. We waited about 20 minutes before boarding the plane and of course I had a Frappacino from Starbucks while we waited. Whale was in HEAVEN when we got on the plane he patted his legs like Little Einsteins (Disney Channel Mom's know what I mean) and helped the plane take off. We walked through the Detroit aiport to the other end of the terminal to catch the next flight and we probably should have taken the tram as it was loading when we got there, over 30 minutes before the flight. This was a very long flight and let me just say, whale did an awesome job and he only cried one time and that was because he wanted to sleep in his own bed. By the time we got to Amsterdam I think he was more than bored with airplanes. However he fell asleep for about an hour on the last leg to Kiev.
We got to the airport and Me being the dummy I am declared that I was bringing drugs into the country, so he wanted to see the "drugs"" I declared. Well, they were all prescription so I just had to sign that they were prescription and what type and we were ok, but the last ones out of the terminal from our flight. M was right out front waiting for us.
We got to our apartment, went to the grocery, and then came back. I cooked spaghetti and then we lay down for a nap until M called us with our appointment time for today. About 4:30 we lay back down for another nap and Whale woke up to potty about 8 pm and did not go back to sleep until 4:30 or 5 am. He was very nervous, didn't understand what was happening and didn't want to sleep in that bed. He finally went to sleep and we woke him up at 10 am to get to our appointment.
He has done very well.
Our appointment was at Noon today, it lasted about 4 minutes TOTAL!!!!
They ask us how we found out about T and if we knew her medical conditions. I said we didn't but it didn't matter because she is our daughter regardless. The Psycologist smiled and said congratulations, you have a successful adoption. Whale was in with us as well. So we go pick up the referral tomorrow between 5 and 6 pm. Then we will get on a train to Kramatorsk.
We went to a very good restaurant for Lunch and DH and I had Borscht and DH had a chicken Kabob that was very good. I had a Chicken salad, and whale had Pelmini that he didn't really care for, but we thought it was quite yummy.
We are in Independence square right now, and I only have 5 minutes of Internet left that is all for now.
I will update again soon.
Now, on to the details. We got on the plane in Indianapolis after a very through check of my backpack, for some reason it triggered something in their xray machine. He looked at all of the medications and Whale's v-smile game, then told me I could go on through. We waited about 20 minutes before boarding the plane and of course I had a Frappacino from Starbucks while we waited. Whale was in HEAVEN when we got on the plane he patted his legs like Little Einsteins (Disney Channel Mom's know what I mean) and helped the plane take off. We walked through the Detroit aiport to the other end of the terminal to catch the next flight and we probably should have taken the tram as it was loading when we got there, over 30 minutes before the flight. This was a very long flight and let me just say, whale did an awesome job and he only cried one time and that was because he wanted to sleep in his own bed. By the time we got to Amsterdam I think he was more than bored with airplanes. However he fell asleep for about an hour on the last leg to Kiev.
We got to the airport and Me being the dummy I am declared that I was bringing drugs into the country, so he wanted to see the "drugs"" I declared. Well, they were all prescription so I just had to sign that they were prescription and what type and we were ok, but the last ones out of the terminal from our flight. M was right out front waiting for us.
We got to our apartment, went to the grocery, and then came back. I cooked spaghetti and then we lay down for a nap until M called us with our appointment time for today. About 4:30 we lay back down for another nap and Whale woke up to potty about 8 pm and did not go back to sleep until 4:30 or 5 am. He was very nervous, didn't understand what was happening and didn't want to sleep in that bed. He finally went to sleep and we woke him up at 10 am to get to our appointment.
He has done very well.
Our appointment was at Noon today, it lasted about 4 minutes TOTAL!!!!
They ask us how we found out about T and if we knew her medical conditions. I said we didn't but it didn't matter because she is our daughter regardless. The Psycologist smiled and said congratulations, you have a successful adoption. Whale was in with us as well. So we go pick up the referral tomorrow between 5 and 6 pm. Then we will get on a train to Kramatorsk.
We went to a very good restaurant for Lunch and DH and I had Borscht and DH had a chicken Kabob that was very good. I had a Chicken salad, and whale had Pelmini that he didn't really care for, but we thought it was quite yummy.
We are in Independence square right now, and I only have 5 minutes of Internet left that is all for now.
I will update again soon.

3 Comments:
Glad to hear it was a success! Yeah and way to go! Hope M is keeping you well fed and taking you on long walking tours -smile
Whale you are one good traveler and we are so proud of you!
xo
Yippeee! another human has finally made it into the SDA inner room. It sounds like they were very friendly there. did you happen to see where the "lists" are posted? was there anything interesting there? Was M allowed to go with you to your appointment or did you have to depend on the staff translators? So many questions, so little time!
Have an enjoyable wiat for your papers and a safe trip to the region. Post as often and AS MUCH as you can! We are desperate for info back here!
Congratulations Amy. I don't envy you that train ride and getting off in Kramatorsk at 5 am!!!! At least it won't be snowing like it was when we were there
Jane
Post a Comment
<< Home