Click Here to get this from pYzam.com!
Wednesday, August 30, 2006
Did I accomplish anything today???
I guess that is the real question, haha. Whale slept until 9:30 this morning and then we watched Go Diego Go together. I cleaned a little before he went to school. He left at 11:30 and got home at 3:30 in that time I was able to burn (easier than shredding) all of the credit card offers, etc that have accumulated over the last 8 months or so. I actually took a bag full to work and shredded them there. I don't know why we get so many offers as far in debt we are, trust me they don't want our business. If someone were to walk in our house right now they would think we were complete slobs. However, I see light at the end of the tunnel. Bigger cleaning day tomorrow DH is going to help a little more.
Whale and I went to Target on Tuesday and spent a ton of $$$ had to get two tubs of cat litter, Cat Food, toiletry type things for the trip, and laundry things for the guy staying here at our house. We can't leave him with nothing to do his laundry with.
I got a new pair of shoes that I am wearing to Ukraine. I was going to do tennis shoes, but these will look nicer with jeans. DH saw them and ask me if I joined a bowling team. Men, they don't know much about fashion, they are in style and they are NOT bowling shoes. I got all of us new socks and underwear. If our last trip was any indication, there is not enough bleach in the world to make socks white again after laundering in Ukrainian water. So we will take what we have and then replace those with the new ones when we get home. I am sure that is more than anyone reading this cares to know, but one day I may print this and put it in a journal. I don't want to forget anything I am doing or thinking right now.
Sounds like Whales birthday may be a washout. That stupid Hurricane Ernesto is suppose to head west and dump rain on us on Saturday. They say there is a chance it could go far enough east that we will only get scattered showers. I am sorry Ohio and Pennsylvania, but I am praying for that. I think we are going to have quite a few people show up so we need it to be nice or else we have no where else to go. Our house is certainly not big enough for 34 people (if everyone comes). I wrapped all of his presents on Monday night and he has ask us about 3 times a day if he can open "just one" haha!
Alright, I have to go fold about 4 loads of laundry and two more are in the wash with two more to do after that. I don't see how three people can wear so many clothes, but it would help if Whale didn't change his underwear EVERYTIME he went to the bathroom. ARRRGGHH!


3 Comments:

Blogger adoptedthree said...

Agreed
NO WHITE PANTIES OR SOCKS OR SHIRTS because they will be some funky yellow brown later. Hey Amy better bring those tennis shoes as well. If I was any indication, if you lose one of your shoes then uh-oh! Oh and I needed both pairs one was black loafers and the other the tennis shoes. I did look funny with my capris and black loafers after I lost my tennis shoe- LOL
By the way I will take the rain so send it over to my Ohio house!

Blogger Kim & Brad said...

Men know nothing about fashion. My hubby always asks me “does this match” and I will say yes or no. Then he will ask me “are you sure” and I reply, “of course, do you think I would go out in public with you if it did not?”

Blogger ColleenD said...

Amy: The big day is right around the corner!!! I am hoping you will be able to blog your way across Ukraine. I will be back here in the states eating up every word.
We expect our appointment in October and I am so grateful for you, one of the trailblazing families, the first to enter the new SDA offices, even before most of the translators and facilitators. It's as monumental as the first moonwalk!!!!
Good luck and Godspeed!!!

Post a Comment

<< Home