Click Here to get this from pYzam.com!
Thursday, September 07, 2006
We are going to see T tomorrow. .
We walked around Independence square yesterday and we ate at two Ukrainian Restaurants, needless to say, Whale ate nothing at the first one and only rice at the second. We sat around the train station for a long time yesterday trying to get train tickets to Kramatorsk and all of the trains were sold out. With the exception of 4 seats, 2 on one car and 2 on another. We didn't want that so M suggested looking into flying to Donestk. Those tickets were too expensive and driving 10 hours in a car with no car seat was not an option, so we went back to get the four seats hoping some very kind Ukrainians would be willing to switch with us. We went back up the hill to the station again, and 2 of the tickets were sold. Crap, what are we going to do now. We looked at the next day and those were sold out too. They told M to wait for an hour and check to see if there were any cancellations. We waited and waited and waited and there was nothing. they said to wait 10 more minutes. In that 10 minutes a little blonde haired boy walked up to Whale and ask him in perfect english if he wanted to play tag. So that killed some time. Come to find out he and his family are originally from Ukraine and live in Canada now. He spoke proper english, Russian, French and Ukrainian. Wow and he was only 6. Anyway, then M went to check again and a whole second class compartment was available, so we are all leaving on the train tonight at 6:40 pm. We are suppose to go to the SDA from 5 - 6 and pick up the referral for T. Hopefully we will not miss the train, that will be VERY bad. M told me last night at dinner that I walked so much yesterday I deserved some Dessert so I had some, Yay me!!!!

For all of those wanting to know about the SDA, your translator does not go in with you. They were very nice and polite. Of course for those traveling blind, I have no idea what the process will be like, but it was a very nice modern office. So unlike the old NAC. We ask if there were going to be any changes with requirements in the region and they said no, but M said that after you get approval from the local inspector to visit the orphanage you also have to go through another person now. Also, as of yesterday there are no October appointments posted. I know that is kind of bad news, but evidently they send the letters out to the family before they post the appointments. I will let everyone know how everything goes tomorrow.
On a more personal note, I have been sick to my stomach all morning long, I have no idea why. I haven't eaten anything bad. We did have some AWESOME Borscht, Whale hated it. Guess he isn't really too Ukrainian after all, hahaha! We were leaving this morning to come to the Internet and we are staying on the 3rd floor apartment, so we got in the elevator and almost immediately we were jerked to a stop. We were stuck. The doors wouldn't open, the floor buttons wouldn't work, the whole panel didn't work. We luckily had the phone M gave us and she made a call and within 2 minutes someone was there to help us. We were only trapped in the elevator for about 10 minutes total, but man overnight someone had to of taken a pee in there because it stunk really really bad. So we were hot, a little nervous and smelling stink the whole time. It was fun.
Ok, I guess that is it for now, we are going to take a walk and then go with M to check the times of the circus. We may do that today to kill some time before we go pick up T's referral.

And, Cindy and Debbie, don't hold your breath about it going quickly. I wish!!!
Cindy you mean old hag, I only had 20 mintues to type and the timer was there on the screen and I couldn't proof or spell check. I barely clicked send before the computer shut off. But yesterday I paid 4 grivna ($.80) for 20 minutes. Today this internet cafe charges 5 ($1.00) Grivna for a hour. What a deal. Speaking of deals we got enough groceries for 2 days breakfast, a dinner of spaghetti with real ground beef, Coke, milk, eggs, bread, etc and it was less than $18.00 total. Ok, Whale is getting jumpy so I had better get going.
I hope to type more tomorrow after we meet T.
Thanks everyone for your prayers and support.
Bye!


2 Comments:

Blogger adoptedthree said...

Memories.... Nothing like a cramped UA elevator stinking of the previous night!!! Never never touch the walls!
Hey Amy why didnt you take Whale to McDonalds while you still could while in Kiev. Taking him to two UA restaurants what are ya thinking!! LOL

Hoping for those first pics soon. PS Take one of M's belly for me too

L~

Blogger Amy said...

Best wishes on a speedy and bumpless adoption for you!
There are many families reading your blog and of course waiting for those coveted dates to be posted!
Go get your girl!

Post a Comment

<< Home