Click Here to get this from pYzam.com!
Wednesday, September 13, 2006
Saw the head judge today
Hello from the land of fruit and smoke. Ok, I know that sounds stupid, but there is a fruit stand on just about every corner and they practically give the stuff away. Everyone seems to eat so healthy and look so nice, but then they smoke cigarette after cigarette. I am amazed at the pride they take in looking so nice and dressing nice that they go and blow it with a cigarette. I wish cigarettes would just go away. Sorry to all of you smokers but yuck, guess you figured out that I don't smoke huh, LOL!
Ok, on to our day, We got up this morning and Whale had even more mosquito bites. He almost looks like a polka dot person he is so spotty. I just went to the Pharmacy (Anteka) and got some cream for them. I hope it works. Poor baby he sleeps in the same bed as we are and he is the only one getting bit.
I made eggs for breakfast and we walked to the orphanage. T was outside with her groupa and she saw us, but she didn't come running. :( She also saw a cat and was screaming scared of it. I feel really bad for her and for Kisa and Abby when we get home. We were only at the orphanage about 30 minutes and M called and said the Head Judge wanted to see us. HUH? She said she wouldn't need us for that. Ok, so she came and brought us back to the apartment and we got changed and we went to the notary to get the paperwork to take to court. The first notary we went to waited 30 to 40 minutes before he came out and told us that they got rid of the example they used because there had been no adoptions for the last 6 months. We went to two others and they were both at lunch, so we went to lunch as well. Oh my, we ate at a new restaurant here in kramatorsk and let me tell you it was WONDERFUL! Wine glasses, elegant place settings, very nice and of course we are thinking very expensive. M had Borscht, and a salad and water, DH had Borscht, Fried Potatoes and Orange soda, I had Fried Potatoes and Meat Pancakes (OMG they were the best yet), and Whale had Fetticini with a garlic sour cream sauce and chicken. It was really good as well, he ate every drop except the chicken. Anyway it only cost us 80 grivna, That is like $15 or so. I want to go there again soon. Anyway, then we went back to the Notary and she said 30 minutes. We went to the toy store and got T a new toy to play with and then we went back to the notary, she had to redo the paperwork 4 times to get it right. So we did all of it and went to the Judge. He had us sit down, now keep in mind Whale is with us, we promised Ice cream if he was really really good for the important man (He got it, he was wonderful) . The Judge was looking at the document we just had notarized and had redone 4 times and noticed a mistake. You know on the passports there is a letter P in front of the number, well they left the P off of mine. So we have to go get it redone again, but he did continue to look through our homestudy and such. He ask the first question, uh oh, what could he be asking about???? He says in a rather stern voice "Blah, blah blah blah blah?" M says, he wants to know if it is true that you do not drink alcohol? HAHAHHA, are you serious? DH says No I don't at all and I said only on occasion, but very rarely. The judge laughed and said that is not fair to the man. Oh well, life could be worse right? Next question to me, "It says you were in the Army, what squad were you in? " I answer "Military Police, Stationed in Japan" he seems a little impressed. The next and last question. "It says you have a cat, what if the child is allergic to the cat hair?" Well, we told him that we would have to ship her back on the next available flight. HAHAHHA! I crack myself up sometimes. What we really said it that if it comes to that then we will have to get rid of our cat. But I am here to tell you it is not happening. We will find a miracle cure for allergies or something. My babies cannot leave home. That was it, done with the head judge! Fix the document and bring it back and I will assign a judge to your case. That was very easy. We stopped at the market again and then M brought us back to the apartment. It was too late to go to the Orphanage for the evening visit so we will have to try to get there both times tomorrow. We have nothing adoption related tomorrow at all except to visit T. Thanks to everyone writing comments on the blog, I love reading stuff from home. Kim, you ask about finding a sibling, we had to send our sons birth certificate, the original with the Ukrainian parents names, ours with our names, the court decree and a translator can take it to the SDA and have them check the database. It was very simple. We found out through a wonderful friend who was adopting and was visiting our son's orphanage and he let her know about T. If you keep in touch with your child's orphanage that is most likely the easiest way if the parents have not moved and any other children were placed in the same orphanage. I feel ours was truly a miracle. Della we ask Anatoly and he said no, unfortunately. I am sorry. I will have M ask at Roschita, but I am sure they would have to go through Anatoly before they got to Roschita.
I am signing off for the night. Please write, I love hearing from home. I am sitting here wearing my Indianapolis Colts T-shirt feeling like I am going to bring them luck this week, but we all know they really don't need it with Peyton on the job :) Oh yes, I almost forgot. I found a tattoo parlor. I am really truly considering adding a tattoo. I want my kids names or initials tattooed on the top of my foot. I know that sounds dumb, but I just want really small ones and no one is talking me out of it. I may as well get it done here where it is cheaper. DH just said, do what you want. SO maybe during this 5 day wait I will get a new Tattoo, whoo hoo! I know my family is jumping for joy over this little tidbit. But really, they will be small.
Night!
Bye for now!


3 Comments:

Blogger Kim & Brad said...

It's such a different world over there isn't it? They must think we are from another plant when we say that we don't drink very much.

I am glad to see that things are working out so well, it's inspirational for the rest of us waiting to go

Blogger adoptedthree said...

Tatoo- heck do the tatoo then go get that $3.00 pedicure and $2.00 french manicure (I saw your toes and fingers and that might be money well spent- lol) and while you are at it take M and treat her as well! Oh and if you really want to feel a bit fresher have the salon wash and do a small snip and blowdry your hair. It can do wonders for your psyche!!

Blogger tom said...

The judge was funny with us. He asked my husband all kinds of serious questions about his familuy history. Then he asked me if Scottish whiskey was better than Irish, I said Scottish of course. Then he asked me if I could tell if he had heart disease by testing his pulse and I told him all I could say was if he didnt' have one, then he was in trouble. He just laughed. The whole time he talked to us, he had a little radio blasting out pop music on his desk, it was surreal.

Post a Comment

<< Home