Good evening everyone. I have only two important things to post tonight. Then off to cook some dinner. Stir fry chicken with peppers and onions, yummy!
Ok, first and most important is that we didn't make the morning visit to see T because Whale was taking a nap and we actually had to wake him up to walk to the market. So anyway, we went to visit this afternoon and she came right to us. We were outside and Whale and DH went to the bathroom so I was playing with the balloon and looking at books with T. The balloon flew back and was in our way so I kind of knocked it out of the way with the book. She looked up at me and did the same thing. Then it was a game we started playing and she was laughing and smiling at me. UNTIL. . . . . DH came back. Then she was the same shy acting little girl. I know she will get use to him and Whale but It makes me sad that I get to enjoy the time with her and they have to stand on the sidelines and watch. DH wants to comfort her and help her but she just kind of stiffens up around him. Whale did the same thing for awhile, but I still feel bad. Anyway, that was the most important thing, SHE LAUGHED!
The other important thing that happened today was all of the letters were done and signed. M sent them off to Kiev via DHL. So they should have them tomorrow at the SDA and we will start the 5 day countdown until they send the paperwork back that we need to take to court. We are having our petition to the court typed and notarized tomorrow. I can't remember what time, but if it is too early we will probably be in our pajamas. We have really been sleeping a lot the last few day. M said she will meet with the Head Judge on Thursday morning and find out who will handle our case. So there will be a few days now with no adoption related updates only about T and our daily life here in Ukraine.
We are on a 7th floor apartment and someone was cooking today at lunch and the smell drifted up to our window and I thought I was in heaven. I am not sure what they were cooking, but we distinctly smelled peppers, onions, tomatoes and some sort of meat. It kind of reminded me of the Italian Sausages they sell at State Fairs and such. Ok, only one more thing. Whale is getting eaten up by mosquitoes at night and he is sleeping with us. I am not sure why we are not getting bit, but he probably has 10 bites on him and some of them are HUGE. We saw some off at the store today but they wanted an arm and a leg for it. We bought some Mr. Clean spray cleaner, a Nice size Cake, a snack type cake, a huge bag of Pasta, Milk, and 3 * 4-packs of kids yogurt, Spaghetti sauce and 2 liters of Sprite and it was only $11, can you believe that?
Ok, I am going to go try to cook now, I will talk to you all soon. Bye!
Ok, first and most important is that we didn't make the morning visit to see T because Whale was taking a nap and we actually had to wake him up to walk to the market. So anyway, we went to visit this afternoon and she came right to us. We were outside and Whale and DH went to the bathroom so I was playing with the balloon and looking at books with T. The balloon flew back and was in our way so I kind of knocked it out of the way with the book. She looked up at me and did the same thing. Then it was a game we started playing and she was laughing and smiling at me. UNTIL. . . . . DH came back. Then she was the same shy acting little girl. I know she will get use to him and Whale but It makes me sad that I get to enjoy the time with her and they have to stand on the sidelines and watch. DH wants to comfort her and help her but she just kind of stiffens up around him. Whale did the same thing for awhile, but I still feel bad. Anyway, that was the most important thing, SHE LAUGHED!
The other important thing that happened today was all of the letters were done and signed. M sent them off to Kiev via DHL. So they should have them tomorrow at the SDA and we will start the 5 day countdown until they send the paperwork back that we need to take to court. We are having our petition to the court typed and notarized tomorrow. I can't remember what time, but if it is too early we will probably be in our pajamas. We have really been sleeping a lot the last few day. M said she will meet with the Head Judge on Thursday morning and find out who will handle our case. So there will be a few days now with no adoption related updates only about T and our daily life here in Ukraine.
We are on a 7th floor apartment and someone was cooking today at lunch and the smell drifted up to our window and I thought I was in heaven. I am not sure what they were cooking, but we distinctly smelled peppers, onions, tomatoes and some sort of meat. It kind of reminded me of the Italian Sausages they sell at State Fairs and such. Ok, only one more thing. Whale is getting eaten up by mosquitoes at night and he is sleeping with us. I am not sure why we are not getting bit, but he probably has 10 bites on him and some of them are HUGE. We saw some off at the store today but they wanted an arm and a leg for it. We bought some Mr. Clean spray cleaner, a Nice size Cake, a snack type cake, a huge bag of Pasta, Milk, and 3 * 4-packs of kids yogurt, Spaghetti sauce and 2 liters of Sprite and it was only $11, can you believe that?
Ok, I am going to go try to cook now, I will talk to you all soon. Bye!

3 Comments:
M has some weird little smelly thing she put in my room for the mosquitoes but it really didnt help. But might want to ask her anyway.
Do you know they say you smell sweet like a banana if you are a mosiqutoe magnet- so just goes to show Whale is as sweet as they come (me too then ha ha)
T will come around right now she just needs her mommy like all little girls!!!
congratulations - love following along on your journey! Hang in there - hoping for lots of patience during your wait!
Thank you everyone for your kind comments on our blog. We are having a good time here in Ukraine. We are just starting our day and you are all tucked in nicely in your beds sleeping. I will post another entry this evening. Love to you all.
Amy
Post a Comment
<< Home