Sorry, but we have a pretty big case of the chickenpox here now. . . . .
Ok, we were herded past all of the 300 or so waiting passengers to board the plane in Amsterdam and we got seated and there was a family of Swedes in front of us, who knew they would have the problem kids on board. Anyway the flight got started and they served lunch. Well, Whale and T would not eat any of the stuff they were serving, it was pretty good too. Some kind of cheese tortellini with Spinach or Chicken and pasta and a really good cream cake of some sort. Well needless to say they wouldn't eat and it was horrible trying to get them to sleep. About 3 hours or so into the flight, which by the way kept getting longer as we flew (sometimes headwinds were over 165 kph) they both fell asleep. Whew, peace and quiet or so we thought. DH and I started watching movies, him "Click" and me "The Break up" and guess what through the noise of the movies in our headphones, we could hear the screeching of the brats in front of us. The oldest one kept standing up and looking over the seat and just would stare at me. It really freaked me out. Anyway, the screeching took its toll on our kids and they only got and hour and 1/2 sleep. We gave them some of the crackers we had in our backpack and put on movies to try to pacify them. Well, we managed to keep ours happy and quiet (except the occasional belly laugh) while the hellion kids in front of us slept about 3 hours, totally not fair. Well, about the time they should have been starting the dinner service we heard "Any doctors on board please report immediately to row 23 d " We were seated in row 28 c, d, e and f. Then came the call "Flight attendants bring all medical equipment to row 23 d" ok our curiousity was peaked. . . . We could only see the head of the doctors as they had the guy laying down in the isle. They were doing CPR and called for suction several times. The son of the guy in the isle was hugging a woman in the row directly in front of us, crying. It was very stressful. People were trying to get up and wander around to see what was happening, well the flight attendants were trying to keep them in their seats. We didn't need to worry as we had an eagle eye view whether we wanted it or not. T and Whale were very quiet and very good at first then they started laughing just as one of the doctors annoucnced the mans time of death. I am not sure what time zone you are suppose to use in that case. We were just about 30 minutes away from Toronto at this point. Well, guess what they couldn't serve a meal with a man dead in the isle so no one ate. Two hungry tired kids, two hungry adults one of them also being weepy (me) was not going so well. Well I wondered what they were going to do with this man, would they parade him down the isle to the back or what. Well, if none of you have experienced this, they propped him up in a seat and covered him with blankets. After his son came back from Throwing up ( he was as he was walking to the bathroom), he sat next to his father the rest of the flight. (about an hour and 1/2) I watched "Click" if you haven't seen it, Adam Sandler had his Heart attack scene right after they propped this man up and I really had the tears going then. We finally got off of this hell flight. It was suppose to be 8 hours and 45 mintues but it ended up being closer to 9 and 1/2 hours. We were fortunate enough to get off the plane quickly as they released us from our seats so everyone wouldn't gawk at the dead man. I forced myself, but I didn't glance over to look. It was hard. Everyone else was practically breaking their necks to see him. The doctor who did most of the work on him was standing off to the side crying. This was very sad. We got to passport control very fast and got through there quickly, but then we had to go to the special immigrant processing line. There were approximately 30 Philapinos ahead of us so it was taking forever. We had stood in this line for about 45 mintues before this one guy walked out ask if the baby was the only one that needed processed. We said yes, so he took us to a different booth and processed T. It took less than 5 minutes. I am not sure why it took this other woman so long with the people in the other line. We got our luggage, went through customs and rechecked our luggage to Indy. We went through security again and I took T up the elevator in the stroller while DH took Whale on the tall Escalator. A bigger size black woman got on with me. She ask, "When is your next one due?" I said, "ummm, I am not pregnant" she just said "Oh I have twins at home" hello, where was the "I am sorry " I would have been mortified but she just kept on talking. I had lost about 12 pounds while in Ukraine and my shirt was pretty big, but I don't think I look pregnant. Anyway we got upstairs and found out our timing was an hour off. We thought it was only 10 after 1 and it was 10 after 2 pm. Our flight left at 3:17 pm. So we all found a bathroom and I changed T to her $60 Ukraine dress and we looked for someone to help us change our seats. They had Whale sitting in 19 A, T in 21 A and DH and I in 24 C and D. I don't think a 3 and 5 year old could sit alone. So no one would help us until our gate opened. So I ran, literally, with Whale and the stroller(with T) to Mcdonalds just past the midway point of the terminal while DH waited and got the gate lady to work on our tickets. We got the food and ran back to the gate and tried to eat. Neither kid would eat anything. That was a wasted $20. Can you believe how much they charge for food in Airports. It was ridiculous. Anyway we boarded the plane and the pilot was so nice and ask Whale if he wanted to sit in the co pilots seat. He was too scared but he did look around and was excited. We sat on the runway for what seemed like forever. Well 20 minutes after our flight was to leave the captain came on and said there was a big line of severe storms that may affect our take off plans. Well, then about 5 minutes later we got to take off, we made it off before the storms hit. We arrived to Indy about 25 minutes late. We were so excited to get home. We were the last ones off of the plane. But family was there to welcome us home. I was so relieved and so happy to be there. T was not so thrilled. She didn't cry or anything, but she just sat there like she was in a daze. She was so tired. We all went to our house and ordered pizza. My step dad went and got it and T warmed up very quickly to my 7 year old niece Em. We visited for awhile and when everyone left we fell into bed. Whale put himself to bed and T went to sleep instantly. Whale however was up at 4:30 am and did not want to go back to sleep. I managed to get him to lay down with me and his dad and let him watch Disney channel. T got up about 8 am and the day was off and running. We had to get her to the doctor and we needed some clothes for her that fit. We were so fortunate, my wonderful sister had stocked our shelves and refridgerator so I still haven't had to make a grocery store trip. T ended up having a pretty good rattle in her lung and they put her on Antibiotics. Well she is not enrolled in our insurance yet so all is out of pocket right now, GRRR! We went to visit Whales teacher and T had a very serious diarrhea accident there and we had to sit her on a bag to get her home. We put her in the shower to spray her off it was that bad. She screamed a lot over the cats and didn't really eat much. She went straight to bed Thursday night with no fuss and so did Whale. Friday morning Whale was up early again. I mean 3:30 am. I tried to get on the computer and he was playing with our smaller cat in his room. Well around 6:15 am I heard a cat howl and hiss. OH CRAP!
I went in there and he was screaming and the cat was laying at the bottom of his ladder to his loft bed.
Ok, my fingers are tired and I need to go peel potatoes for dinner and put calamine on T's scalp. It is COVERED in Chicken pox. I will post about the broken cat foot and up until the pox broke out either later tonight or tomorrow when whale goes to school.
Ok, we were herded past all of the 300 or so waiting passengers to board the plane in Amsterdam and we got seated and there was a family of Swedes in front of us, who knew they would have the problem kids on board. Anyway the flight got started and they served lunch. Well, Whale and T would not eat any of the stuff they were serving, it was pretty good too. Some kind of cheese tortellini with Spinach or Chicken and pasta and a really good cream cake of some sort. Well needless to say they wouldn't eat and it was horrible trying to get them to sleep. About 3 hours or so into the flight, which by the way kept getting longer as we flew (sometimes headwinds were over 165 kph) they both fell asleep. Whew, peace and quiet or so we thought. DH and I started watching movies, him "Click" and me "The Break up" and guess what through the noise of the movies in our headphones, we could hear the screeching of the brats in front of us. The oldest one kept standing up and looking over the seat and just would stare at me. It really freaked me out. Anyway, the screeching took its toll on our kids and they only got and hour and 1/2 sleep. We gave them some of the crackers we had in our backpack and put on movies to try to pacify them. Well, we managed to keep ours happy and quiet (except the occasional belly laugh) while the hellion kids in front of us slept about 3 hours, totally not fair. Well, about the time they should have been starting the dinner service we heard "Any doctors on board please report immediately to row 23 d " We were seated in row 28 c, d, e and f. Then came the call "Flight attendants bring all medical equipment to row 23 d" ok our curiousity was peaked. . . . We could only see the head of the doctors as they had the guy laying down in the isle. They were doing CPR and called for suction several times. The son of the guy in the isle was hugging a woman in the row directly in front of us, crying. It was very stressful. People were trying to get up and wander around to see what was happening, well the flight attendants were trying to keep them in their seats. We didn't need to worry as we had an eagle eye view whether we wanted it or not. T and Whale were very quiet and very good at first then they started laughing just as one of the doctors annoucnced the mans time of death. I am not sure what time zone you are suppose to use in that case. We were just about 30 minutes away from Toronto at this point. Well, guess what they couldn't serve a meal with a man dead in the isle so no one ate. Two hungry tired kids, two hungry adults one of them also being weepy (me) was not going so well. Well I wondered what they were going to do with this man, would they parade him down the isle to the back or what. Well, if none of you have experienced this, they propped him up in a seat and covered him with blankets. After his son came back from Throwing up ( he was as he was walking to the bathroom), he sat next to his father the rest of the flight. (about an hour and 1/2) I watched "Click" if you haven't seen it, Adam Sandler had his Heart attack scene right after they propped this man up and I really had the tears going then. We finally got off of this hell flight. It was suppose to be 8 hours and 45 mintues but it ended up being closer to 9 and 1/2 hours. We were fortunate enough to get off the plane quickly as they released us from our seats so everyone wouldn't gawk at the dead man. I forced myself, but I didn't glance over to look. It was hard. Everyone else was practically breaking their necks to see him. The doctor who did most of the work on him was standing off to the side crying. This was very sad. We got to passport control very fast and got through there quickly, but then we had to go to the special immigrant processing line. There were approximately 30 Philapinos ahead of us so it was taking forever. We had stood in this line for about 45 mintues before this one guy walked out ask if the baby was the only one that needed processed. We said yes, so he took us to a different booth and processed T. It took less than 5 minutes. I am not sure why it took this other woman so long with the people in the other line. We got our luggage, went through customs and rechecked our luggage to Indy. We went through security again and I took T up the elevator in the stroller while DH took Whale on the tall Escalator. A bigger size black woman got on with me. She ask, "When is your next one due?" I said, "ummm, I am not pregnant" she just said "Oh I have twins at home" hello, where was the "I am sorry " I would have been mortified but she just kept on talking. I had lost about 12 pounds while in Ukraine and my shirt was pretty big, but I don't think I look pregnant. Anyway we got upstairs and found out our timing was an hour off. We thought it was only 10 after 1 and it was 10 after 2 pm. Our flight left at 3:17 pm. So we all found a bathroom and I changed T to her $60 Ukraine dress and we looked for someone to help us change our seats. They had Whale sitting in 19 A, T in 21 A and DH and I in 24 C and D. I don't think a 3 and 5 year old could sit alone. So no one would help us until our gate opened. So I ran, literally, with Whale and the stroller(with T) to Mcdonalds just past the midway point of the terminal while DH waited and got the gate lady to work on our tickets. We got the food and ran back to the gate and tried to eat. Neither kid would eat anything. That was a wasted $20. Can you believe how much they charge for food in Airports. It was ridiculous. Anyway we boarded the plane and the pilot was so nice and ask Whale if he wanted to sit in the co pilots seat. He was too scared but he did look around and was excited. We sat on the runway for what seemed like forever. Well 20 minutes after our flight was to leave the captain came on and said there was a big line of severe storms that may affect our take off plans. Well, then about 5 minutes later we got to take off, we made it off before the storms hit. We arrived to Indy about 25 minutes late. We were so excited to get home. We were the last ones off of the plane. But family was there to welcome us home. I was so relieved and so happy to be there. T was not so thrilled. She didn't cry or anything, but she just sat there like she was in a daze. She was so tired. We all went to our house and ordered pizza. My step dad went and got it and T warmed up very quickly to my 7 year old niece Em. We visited for awhile and when everyone left we fell into bed. Whale put himself to bed and T went to sleep instantly. Whale however was up at 4:30 am and did not want to go back to sleep. I managed to get him to lay down with me and his dad and let him watch Disney channel. T got up about 8 am and the day was off and running. We had to get her to the doctor and we needed some clothes for her that fit. We were so fortunate, my wonderful sister had stocked our shelves and refridgerator so I still haven't had to make a grocery store trip. T ended up having a pretty good rattle in her lung and they put her on Antibiotics. Well she is not enrolled in our insurance yet so all is out of pocket right now, GRRR! We went to visit Whales teacher and T had a very serious diarrhea accident there and we had to sit her on a bag to get her home. We put her in the shower to spray her off it was that bad. She screamed a lot over the cats and didn't really eat much. She went straight to bed Thursday night with no fuss and so did Whale. Friday morning Whale was up early again. I mean 3:30 am. I tried to get on the computer and he was playing with our smaller cat in his room. Well around 6:15 am I heard a cat howl and hiss. OH CRAP!
I went in there and he was screaming and the cat was laying at the bottom of his ladder to his loft bed.
Ok, my fingers are tired and I need to go peel potatoes for dinner and put calamine on T's scalp. It is COVERED in Chicken pox. I will post about the broken cat foot and up until the pox broke out either later tonight or tomorrow when whale goes to school.

4 Comments:
Amy - you crack me up! I am so glad you are home, safe and sound with your kids. HOw horrifying that flight must have been. Laurel is right - you take the cake on plane rides home. I thought mine was bad. Get some rest!
Jennifer Hanks
Wow and I thought that we had a bad flight home. Glad that you and yours are back home.
America never looks so good as when your plane is landing at its final destination.
Yuck!
That was one awful flight. How old was the poor kid and why did they make him sit next to his dad the rest of the trip that is just not right!
Wow...I just relayed your horror flight to my mom (who is coming with us and hates flying like me) and I think if I coulda saw her face it woulda been as pasty as the dead guy...thats just terrible ! hey we will just cover him up and make his kid sit next to him ??????? why wouldnt they put him somewhere else ! LOL I have to laugh coz its just too much for me to handle :(
You definetly take the cake for worst flight EVER...
Take care of those pox
Amy
Post a Comment
<< Home