Click Here to get this from pYzam.com!
Monday, October 02, 2006
We are now really counting the days
We stayed up until just after midnight to hear the COLTS win the most nerve wracking game I have heard in awhile. Then just about 5:40 this morning we were all up and ready to have breakfast. I was just going to get up have a cup of coffee and keep reading my book but DH got whale up to use the bathroom. I am not sure if or what he was thinking, but I knew that was a horrible idea. I guess in his defense though I should say he works nights and isn't aware of the fact that whale would not go back to sleep if woken up that early in the morning. Anyway, we all ate and then since whale was such a grump we lay back down around 6:45 or so and slept until 8. We didn't do anything except take showers and hang around the apartment. We were waiting for a call from M to tell us if she needed us to come with our passports to get train tickets. Unfortunately she was not able to get them. The lady told her to come back and try again on Wednesday morning. We will see, I am telling you these silly train tickets here are worth more than gold if you can get them. We had lunch and then we tried another nap. Whale was just too tired and he finally went to sleep for about an hour or so. We went down to wait on M to pick us up at 3:30 to go to the orphanage. She needed to talk to the Doctor there about T and this whole chicken pox fiasco. She called and said she was running late so we decided to just walk to the orphanage and meet her there. We all got there and we saw T's doctor walking down the walkway to the entrance and she said that the room was not quarantined anymore and only one child has them. However it is extremely likely that T will get them. Unfortunately for us, we are not sure if she was exposed around the same time as this kid who has them or if she is just now being exposed to them and if that is the case we will take it. She probably won't break out with the pox until after we get home that way. The doctor also said she had duty last night and stayed in the groupa and every time the door opened T would turn around excited thinking it was us coming in. Awww, she wanted us and we didn't go yesterday because there was no where to visit her and whale was being a poop. That made us feel bad, but that was not her intention, she is an awesome woman. I am sure it was our own guilt doing the talking in our mind. I am not sure what will happen if she breaks out in the next week or so. I don't know how they can really keep us from taking her out of the orphanage since she will legally be our child then. M said we aren't even going to think about that yet. I guess I always need something good to worry about :( The caregiver brought T downstairs to us and we played outside today. It was rather muddy and damp but she would rather be outside screaming over cats and dogs than in a cramped room the whole time. She got a sucker and she loved it. DH and whale went and got a water since she ask us specifically IN ENGLISH for water. She gulped down the first cup, but on the second, she dribbled some out of her mouth and whale laughed at her and then she just kept letting it run out on her shirt and on the ground. We kept telling her no, but she still did it. We finally had to take the cup away and guess what, she didn't rock or anything. We just kind of distracted her on to something else and she never did get upset. DH thinks she knew she was playing and that is why she didn't get upset when we took it away. I guess I agree with him as much as it pains me to do so. A couple of her caregivers came outside to go home and both times she ran up to them and wanted hugs, but then she came back to us. Well the first time, the second lady had to tell her to come back to us. I guess we don't need to worry about attachment issues since she seems to have formed attachments to her caregivers. We took her back upstairs and evil lady had the nightshift. I really don't like that devil caregiver. Anyway we walked to the (on the way home from the orphanage) market, and the pharmacy. We had to get cough medicine for whale, he started coughing a bit today. Probably from the wet, cool weather on Saturday and yesterday. Since a new commenter put in the comments that she thought it was funny that I blogged what we bought I thought I would do so again. We bought 2 BAGS of milk, two things of yogurt for me, ice cream and floor cleaner. The we stopped at a little kiosk on the way to the apartment and got 2 two liters of Pepsi, oh my do I love the Pepsi. Not much else happening, I couldn't get on blogger for a long time, I am not sure what the problem is, but I am hoping this will post ok. I took 2 sleeping pills tonight (that is the recommended dosage, I am not od'ing) and I finished reading the most wonderful book this afternoon. I highly recommend Karen Harper "Dark Harvest" to all of the readers out there. It is a nice suspenseful book, I finished almost 400 pages in less than a day, it was that good. I guess I have to move on to the Danielle Steel now as much as I don't like those type of books. And that is all for "Amy's book club" for tonight.
Tomorrow we really don't have much planned. I hope it is nice I would like to visit the outdoor market again and take whale to the park if he can make it more than 3 continuous hours without whining. I really should just say 30 minutes without whining since that in itself would be a challenge for him. I hope he gets some good sleep tonight. I do feel bad for the poor baby, I can't wait for him to get back home to his cats and his own bed. I think that would go a long way to improving his attitude. Wednesday is T's birthday and I am trying to plan a little something for her groupa. I got her a new doll the other night, but I am saving it for once she leaves the orphanage. I think I already wrote that though. I will probably just do cookies and juice for all of the kids and no present since none of them have celebrated birthdays and wouldn't understand her being the only one getting a gift. We will just have a real party when we get home for good.
Ok I am done for the night. I hope everyone has a great rest of the day there in your part of the world. I know in Indiana it is now 3 pm and most everyone is gearing up to go home for the day. Enjoy all of your NEW TV shows, I am missing a lot of my favorites. This darn government in Ukraine!!! LOL!!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home