GO COLTS!!!
First I must say thank you Larry S. We checked out the idea you gave us and WOWO AM in Fort Wayne streams live audio and we are listening to the COLTS live in Ukraine. That is probably the most exciting news of the day. Seeing as no one had a comment on the most exciting news we have posted since we have been in Ukraine yesterday.
As for today, guess what everyone, I slept and I mean all night. I decided I would sleep with Whale in M's bed, but when I turned on my side and my rib almost punctured my lung I decided I would try V's bed. I was soooo happy. I got up a couple of times during the night but slept until Whale jumped on me this morning at 8 am. We started out checking emails and eating breakfast Thanks Shane for E's picture. I got the best picture this morning from my brother in law of my beautiful niece playing soccer. She is adorable and I love her. Moving on before I start crying......
We listened to last weeks church sermon online (www.wrcc.org) and then just kind of lay around doing nothing until about noon and then we walked over to the open market to shop awhile. We got some eggs, cheese, chicken, Cream puffs and more of our yummy cookies. We were looking for some shoes for T, but found nothing we really liked so after whale was acting so badly I could hardly stand it anymore we left to come home. It was wet all day, rainy and our clothes outside didn't dry overnight. We found a clothes line in M's room and stretched it across the room and brought everything inside to dry. I was in making some hot dogs and macaroni for lunch and whale was very very quiet so DH came in to see what he was doing. Well, when he walked out on the NOW virtually empty balcony we found out why. He had thrown all of M and her husbands shoes off of the 7th floor balcony, not only shoes, but brushes, socks, shin guards for soccer, a soccer ball, and on and on....
DH got a bag and traipsed through the mud to bring everything back up. Meanwhile I took whale and set him in a chair in V's room looking at a wall for a timeout. He screamed and yelled. It was not pretty. We made him sit there for 30 minutes and he wasn't very happy about that. We ask him if he knew why he was sitting there and he said "Yes, I throwed that stuff on the ground" DH "Why did you do that?" no answer, I was in the other room and I ask "Did you do it because it was fun?", Whale "Yes, it was fun" Well, there you have it, it probably was fun, but still wrong and we had to explain how stuff could have gotten stolen, lost, hurt someone and on and on. He didn't really seem to understand or care, but he is now ban from the balcony the rest of the time we are here. His clothes were wet and muddy and so were mine from our trip to the market so I put them in the washer and told DH I thought we needed to stay home today instead of go to the orphanage. Yesterday it was miserable in the little prison they gave us to visit in, and with whale and with his attitude today it was not a good idea. I feel bad for T but I think after talking to the director tomorrow we will have a better idea of what we can and cannot do with the quarantine and our visits.
Holy smokes, COLTS just let the Jets score, I cannot believe it. We are probably bringing bad luck by listening. The first game we hear and they are really doing bad. Sorry Kristen :(
So anyway, I started reading a new book by Karen Harper called "Dark Harvest" it is about a cop going undercover in Amish country. I love anything Amish to read. Whale watched Barney for awhile and then I made dinner about 7:30 and we ate and now I am posting. No naps today, slept late, didn't see T today and Whale had a crappy attitude. We can only pray tomorrow is better well not the slept late part. Oh yes speaking of praying when we said our dinner prayer whale tried to rush through it so we could eat quickly. I told him it makes God sad if we don't take our time and talk to him nicely. He is lonely and he loves it when people talk to him and thank him for all of the wonderful things God has done for them and that we need to tell him we are sorry for doing bad things. Well naturally he had to ask what happens if we don't say we are sorry for doing bad things so we tried to do a brief explanation of the devil and hell, but we have one smart cookie and he started asking all kinds of questions and he seemed to get scared of the devil and doesn't want to go to hell. This is such a big subject for such a little boy and so we told him he just needed to love God and tell him he is sorry and to just tell the bad ole devil he doesn't like him and he wants him to go away and he seemed satisfied with that. Man, who knew the simplest explanation would have worked. Oh no, Bob Lamey the colts Announcer just said that the COLTS have come unglued, maybe we really should stop listening now and give them a chance to come back and just check the score tomorrow. Sorry it was a boring day and there is nothing to read. Would someone PLEASE leave a comment about these stupid chickenpox? Speaking of that DH does have spots all over him today, but I think they are just mosquito bites. I was not in there last night for those nasty old bugs to eat on, so they finally went to him. There was a mosquito on the ceiling today and I had DH kill it and he said it was full of blood. I think that was whales though, that poor baby had 5 new bites on his face this morning. Ok, really going now, I need to read and DH is still listening to the COLTS. GO COLTS!!!!
First I must say thank you Larry S. We checked out the idea you gave us and WOWO AM in Fort Wayne streams live audio and we are listening to the COLTS live in Ukraine. That is probably the most exciting news of the day. Seeing as no one had a comment on the most exciting news we have posted since we have been in Ukraine yesterday.
As for today, guess what everyone, I slept and I mean all night. I decided I would sleep with Whale in M's bed, but when I turned on my side and my rib almost punctured my lung I decided I would try V's bed. I was soooo happy. I got up a couple of times during the night but slept until Whale jumped on me this morning at 8 am. We started out checking emails and eating breakfast Thanks Shane for E's picture. I got the best picture this morning from my brother in law of my beautiful niece playing soccer. She is adorable and I love her. Moving on before I start crying......
We listened to last weeks church sermon online (www.wrcc.org) and then just kind of lay around doing nothing until about noon and then we walked over to the open market to shop awhile. We got some eggs, cheese, chicken, Cream puffs and more of our yummy cookies. We were looking for some shoes for T, but found nothing we really liked so after whale was acting so badly I could hardly stand it anymore we left to come home. It was wet all day, rainy and our clothes outside didn't dry overnight. We found a clothes line in M's room and stretched it across the room and brought everything inside to dry. I was in making some hot dogs and macaroni for lunch and whale was very very quiet so DH came in to see what he was doing. Well, when he walked out on the NOW virtually empty balcony we found out why. He had thrown all of M and her husbands shoes off of the 7th floor balcony, not only shoes, but brushes, socks, shin guards for soccer, a soccer ball, and on and on....
DH got a bag and traipsed through the mud to bring everything back up. Meanwhile I took whale and set him in a chair in V's room looking at a wall for a timeout. He screamed and yelled. It was not pretty. We made him sit there for 30 minutes and he wasn't very happy about that. We ask him if he knew why he was sitting there and he said "Yes, I throwed that stuff on the ground" DH "Why did you do that?" no answer, I was in the other room and I ask "Did you do it because it was fun?", Whale "Yes, it was fun" Well, there you have it, it probably was fun, but still wrong and we had to explain how stuff could have gotten stolen, lost, hurt someone and on and on. He didn't really seem to understand or care, but he is now ban from the balcony the rest of the time we are here. His clothes were wet and muddy and so were mine from our trip to the market so I put them in the washer and told DH I thought we needed to stay home today instead of go to the orphanage. Yesterday it was miserable in the little prison they gave us to visit in, and with whale and with his attitude today it was not a good idea. I feel bad for T but I think after talking to the director tomorrow we will have a better idea of what we can and cannot do with the quarantine and our visits.
Holy smokes, COLTS just let the Jets score, I cannot believe it. We are probably bringing bad luck by listening. The first game we hear and they are really doing bad. Sorry Kristen :(
So anyway, I started reading a new book by Karen Harper called "Dark Harvest" it is about a cop going undercover in Amish country. I love anything Amish to read. Whale watched Barney for awhile and then I made dinner about 7:30 and we ate and now I am posting. No naps today, slept late, didn't see T today and Whale had a crappy attitude. We can only pray tomorrow is better well not the slept late part. Oh yes speaking of praying when we said our dinner prayer whale tried to rush through it so we could eat quickly. I told him it makes God sad if we don't take our time and talk to him nicely. He is lonely and he loves it when people talk to him and thank him for all of the wonderful things God has done for them and that we need to tell him we are sorry for doing bad things. Well naturally he had to ask what happens if we don't say we are sorry for doing bad things so we tried to do a brief explanation of the devil and hell, but we have one smart cookie and he started asking all kinds of questions and he seemed to get scared of the devil and doesn't want to go to hell. This is such a big subject for such a little boy and so we told him he just needed to love God and tell him he is sorry and to just tell the bad ole devil he doesn't like him and he wants him to go away and he seemed satisfied with that. Man, who knew the simplest explanation would have worked. Oh no, Bob Lamey the colts Announcer just said that the COLTS have come unglued, maybe we really should stop listening now and give them a chance to come back and just check the score tomorrow. Sorry it was a boring day and there is nothing to read. Would someone PLEASE leave a comment about these stupid chickenpox? Speaking of that DH does have spots all over him today, but I think they are just mosquito bites. I was not in there last night for those nasty old bugs to eat on, so they finally went to him. There was a mosquito on the ceiling today and I had DH kill it and he said it was full of blood. I think that was whales though, that poor baby had 5 new bites on his face this morning. Ok, really going now, I need to read and DH is still listening to the COLTS. GO COLTS!!!!

5 Comments:
wow - 103 yard return - Colts are now winning!! As far as chicken pox - your best prevention at this point is prayer! "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God." I'd be freaking out too. But don't worry about something you don't have any control over - easy for me to say huh??? Hey the colts are winning focus on that!!!!!!! Hang in there - you're one day closer to being home!!!!!!!!!!!! Maybe go buy some heavy makeup to cover up the pox in case they appear and you need to get on the plane - just kidding - well kinda just kidding!!! I know how you feel when you are so very close to coming home!!!
Last year a couple left Matthew's orphanage a week before us with two completely chicken-pox covered kids. They didn't have any problems-I saw pictures, they had great big spots all over their faces. Good luck,Cara
Hi Amy,
Amy, wanted to let you know we added your family to the prayer list in our class at church.
My Husband has not had the Chicken pox yet.
Nicholas would probably try the balcony also. He is almost 4. Tell you more later in email.
I hope you all have a great week.
I'll try and email later.
First CONGRATS on sleeping thru the nite thats fantastic ! One down not so many left to go :)
About the Chicken Pox. We had them but I cant remember the progression of things just the crankiness and the spots. You dont know if T has them for sure though ?
Always something to make you worry just that little bit more :(
She will be ok and you will come home on time.
She will be ok and you will come home on time.
She will be ok and you will come home on time.
Say it with me now !!
I knew that V's bed would be a good thing for ya- although the pillow is a bit blah.
Sure hope Whale didnt throw M's red pointy mules over the balcony that would be shame to have those beauties in the mud!
Go Bengals- wait they forgot how to play today!
Post a Comment
<< Home