Click Here to get this from pYzam.com!
Saturday, September 23, 2006
A wonderful day in Donetsk
I woke up this morning at 5:20 and I have no idea why I couldn't sleep. Anyway, I answered some emails that I had been lax at doing (sorry L) and then about 7:30 I was going to lay down again, but the boys got up. I napped while they took a shower. We got ready and met M and V for our trip to Donetsk. We had a nice drive and chat. Whale and V got there and they had a BLAST! We put some money on a card and they could do any of the rides or activities. Whale drove his first Bumper car all by himself, but the second time they ask DH to get in with him. M and I were shopping in the Mall. It was fun, expensive, but fun. I got three outfits for T. Since she is unable to wear anything I brought with me. They are really good quality and the most expensive outfit was a cute little Jumper dress that was $20. She will look so cute getting off of the plane. I cannot wait!!! We had a nice lunch and I got the orphanage director a gift to go with the gift we brought from home. I hope he likes it. I am now looking for a gift for T's female doctor, she was also whales doctor as well. She loves these kids and she always asks whale for a hug. I am trying to get her a nice pair of earrings. I found a pair that I loved, but they were 1675 Hryivna and that is $335 and that is a little more than I was looking to spend. So I will look here in Kramatorsk, things are half the price here as they are there. We sat and had a nice dessert and drink, they actually had diet coke so we were in heaven. We looked at some toys, hit the bathroom and headed home. I have a very embarrassing experience that happened to me today and I am not sure I should put it in the blog, but I did post about DH and Whales Diarrhea so I guess I can say that I am experiencing a bit of it myself, Gross, Yes, but here is the experience. If you have not ever used a squat pot to go to the bathroom, well that is an experience in itself. It is a toilet in the ground, with spaces for your feet on both sides, you squat do your business and flush. Well, try having a lot of diarrhea in one of these. Not fun!!!! Then trying to balance and hold yourself up while getting the toilet paper off the roll. Not an easy task, I must say. I would love to have been watching this comedy from the other side of the door. I am sure it was a hoot! Anyway, you now have every single solitary bit of information about me I could ever divulge. No secrets here! Oh yes, I forgot on the way to Donetsk, whale and V both ask about 100 times each, him in English, her in Russian, "Are we there yet?" It was funny and we finally had to tell them both when the car stops and we turn it off that is when we are there. We had a really pleasant chat on the way home and tomorrow we are planning on going to the town birthday party for Kramatorsk. We are going with M around 6 pm tomorrow evening so the blog will be late tomorrow. I am so excited about the COLTS playing tomorrow. I wish we could hear it here, but the station that streams the audio will not stream it out of the U.S. unless you are Military :( I guess we will have to just check the score when we get home! GO COLTS!!!!!!!
Oh, bye the way, since we were gone all day we did not see T today. I hope she will forgive us:(

Night everyone!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home