Click Here to get this from pYzam.com!
Saturday, September 16, 2006
Chilly day here today, but shopping is still fun
Hi everyone! Today we woke up to a little nip in the air. The high today was only suppose to be 61 and I think that is what it was with some sun. We only saw winter parkas on children, thank goodness no adults I would have died. Actually this evening we saw a little girl about 18 months old or so who had a snow suit on, come on 60 degrees does not require snow suits. Anyway, I digress. M had to teach an English lesson today at 10:30 or 11 so we walked across the street to the outdoor market. I found this market quite interesting. Prices are cheaper than an actual store so to speak and you can buy anything from toothbrushes to kitchen sinks and that is no joke. Let us go back in time to when the electricity was off all day here in our apartment. *Flashback* Me to DH "oh no the electricity is out what are we going to do? Oh wait I think I saw a candle in the Kitchen" I went and got it and it was a small stick type candle what are those called? Ok, maybe a taper? Anyway I lit it and took it in the bathroom since there are no windows in there and pulled my hair back and brushed my teeth. I left the room and DH had to put in his contacts so I was getting dressed in the other room and went back to pick up my watch in the bathroom that I had forgotten. I said to him "What is that smell? It smells like something is burning" He says "I don't know I was washing my hands, nothing is burning." then ME being the smart one said "Holy crap, the mirror is melting. You are standing right here didn't you see it?" He says "No, and I am not the one that put the candle next to the mirror" so we melted a big melt mark in M's bathroom mirror that is about 4-6 inches long. It had a plastic frame around it. *** Back to the present time***
We broke the news to M and she was very understanding. Probably worried that the idiots staying in her house were going to destroy it. So today at the outdoor market we found one store/booth that sold Mirrors. We ended up going back to pick up M and V and we all went to eat lunch and to the Market. I let her pick the mirror she liked best. These were very very nice decorative mirrors and she liked several of them. She didn't want us to spend the money because she said hers didn't cost that much and I told her to pick one and made a suggestion. She agreed and we got it. She then ask us if it wouldn't be a problem could we please break her TV next, she would love a new one. I told her sorry, have to draw the line there. HAHA! This mirror we got was a nice size for a bathroom with a small glass shelf to attach to the bottom and guess how much it cost us? $33. I was astonished, I am serious if you were to go buy one like it at Lowe's or Home Depot you would easily spend $150-$200 on it. So next we walked over to a new baby store, we are certainly going to need a stroller for T, she is just so small. We found one we really like, it is a step up from an umbrella stroller but smaller than an average size one. There were 2 I really liked one was 150 grivna and one was 180 grivna. Sounds like a lot, but it is only like $35 or $36 dollars. A cheap umbrella stroller at Toys r us was at least $20 even Walmart umbrella strollers were $20 or so. Ok, so enough of our shopping adventure. We walked to the Orphanage to visit with T, but since it was so chilly we went into the gym to play. She was very strange at first, like she was afraid of us for some reason. She eventually warmed up and ended up having a good time. She rode the tricycle, well not really her legs were too short, but we pushed her. Whale rode it and she stood on back with her hands on his shoulders. She laughed out loud at that. They played with balls, and a hula hoop. She actually played with the Hula hoop for a long time. They had a big exercise ball there and I sat her on it like Whale's OT used to do to him and bounced her on it. She was really kind of scared at first but then she was trying to do it herself by the time we finished. She was laughing at that too. The only thing that worried me was when we brought whale home he would sit and rock when he was worried about something. T stands and rocks from side to side, I know that this is normal but today was the first time I have ever seen her do it. We just tried to redirect her to another activity or hold her and give her a hug. It is always sad to take her back to her room because at this point she still runs back in the room, of course my thought is to get away from us. I know she has only known us a week, but it still breaks my heart none the less.
So we walked back to the apartment and stopped at the market and got some milk and butter for tomorrow morning. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention, THE STINKING ELEVATOR IS STILL BROKEN!!!! Up and down, up and down 4 times today I thought my thighs were burning holes in my pants. I ask M about this and she said this has never happened before that the elevator has been broken so long. Figures! So I made some dinner and here we are, ready to read and play on the computer for the night. I know that a couple of people said they may call us today, but let me remind you of the time difference. 7 hours! It is now 7:30 pm and so it is 12:30 pm in Indiana. :) Alrighty, I think that is all there is for today. I am not sure if we really have plans for tomorrow, we will probably just hang out and visit T. M was going to try to get her and me appointments for pedicures, but she hasn't called so I guess she had no luck. Oh yeah, whale played with V today and let me tell you for two kids not to speak the same language they had a wonderful time. She is going to be nine Next Monday, not the one coming up and she takes care of him like a baby brother. It is very cute. Ok, time to go POGO on pogo.com.
Night!


2 Comments:

Blogger adoptedthree said...

BTDT the baby store got a cute outfit for $5.00. I love the market place too!

Not fair you should have joined M at the English School.

I LOVE what M said about the TV- LOL. She is so silly. I miss her dearly. Glad you are keeping her on her toes for me Amy. I miss V too give V a hug for me (the little one not the DH)

I hated that mirror anyway glad you got rid of it- even if it wasnt in conventional ways- it was too hard to see into to high!

Blogger adoptedthree said...

Just had to add we were in the car in probably seventy degree heat or it felt like it sweating our rears off and driving O to her first hospital visit Now they had her in a hat and heavy outfit so L and I stripped her down because the nursemaid insisted she take a nap and she was sweating so bad she was turning bright red. M looked back and said she said to put her hat and sweater back on and I said no that is ridiculous so we let her air out until the ranting was too much then we put her back in the dumb outfit and hat ( we had her down to her tshirt and she was so much better} Cest lave, when she was mine I didnt care anymore about the crazy traditions...

Post a Comment

<< Home