Naturally this morning we woke up expecting to get the letter from the SDA and then go to court. So we got our showers and held off getting dressed one way or the other, meaning casual or court clothes. We got a call from M at about 11:15 and she said D went to the SDA and picked up the paperwork. He faxed it to her and she found an error, they put the wrong patronomic?, (Middle, something about the father) name for T. He took it back to them and they said they were busy and that he could pick it up between 3 and 5 pm. WELL, obviously that means no court because the judge and jury would be gone by then, and oh yes, he did get a jury, I guess that prayer worked. So I ask if I called if it would make a difference. M was skeptical, but I could not sit here and do nothing. So I called the English speaking number and explained the problem. She apologized and said they would fix it immediately and fax it. AMEN!!!! Well, she didn't fax it, so I called back and she said that there was no error, and there was nothing to be fixed. WHAT??? I was confused, so she said she needed to speak to our POA. I had M call since D was on the Subway already. Well, let me tell you THEY YELLED AT HER, I felt horrible, not only that they told her that the paperwork we sent them was wrong and that is why they did it wrong. I tell you what, M and I both went over that paperwork top to bottom 4 times and it was not wrong. As a matter of fact, M double checked that name, she even explained what the patronomic name was and where it came from. So I really feel they lied about it, because they said they would get the corrected one done and the POA in Kiev could pick it up at 4 pm. He did and they yelled at him to, but just not as much as they did M. Great, I was laying in bed about to vomit and we didn't know what to do. We were trying to decide if DH and whale should go home so he could go back to work. DH not Whale, we aren't slave drivers yet :) We will have no income for two weeks while we are here and that is a problem at home. However, It would be a bigger problem to try to get them on flights home and out of the country and leave me here in Kramatorsk to bring T home. Plus the fact that I would not do well with out either one of them for that long. So we decided to let the bill collectors call, we will handle it all when we get home. We are all staying together as a family, we boarded the plane here as a family and we are going to step off the plane when we get home as a family. Dumb decision? Maybe, but family is our priority and that is the whole purpose of our being here isn't it? Anyway, M came over and we discussed how long things after the 10 days will take and guess what? We could have been home around October 10, but we forgot, the US Embassy will be closed to celebrate a completely idiotic holiday known as "Columbus Day" who besides the government celebrates that holiday? Well that set us back another day or so, we can do the Medical clinic in Kiev on Monday, October 9th, the Embassy on the 10th and then hopefully fly out on the 11th. That is the plan for now, HOWEVER. . . . .
There is a possibility of a complete miracle and we may be able to get our court decree and fly through all of the necessities on the 5th, take the overnight train to Kiev and get into the medical clinic on Friday morning and then the embassy later that morning, pick up the visa after 3 pm on the 6th and possibly fly out on the 7th. This would be a complete miracle and probably not happening but for that to happen it would mean EVERYONE would have to be in their offices working extremely efficiently on the 5th and absolutely nothing go wrong. Obviously we are not counting on that as that has never happened, not once, in this complete adoption. Well, I take that back, the SDA appointment was only 4 minutes long, that was unbelievable. So, we are expecting to be home around the 11th or 12th. Only time will tell, we have decided to make the best of the situation and pray we have not hurt M's relationship with the new SDA since she will continue to be here long after we leave. By the time all of this was over, we had to get ready to walk to the Orphanage. T was absolutely FABULOUS today. She laughed, played, had a lot of fun and really came out of her shell. I can tell we are going to have our hands completely full with the two them. Whale was having so much fun with her today. She gave us kisses again and we went on our way, with the obligatory stop at our little market. We got 5 peppers today to make stir fry and it cost us $.05, I am serious. We got the ice cream we have every night and walked home. I made chicken stir fry for dinner and we will have our ice cream for dessert as soon as I finish this blog, so bye!
Just kidding!! hahaha !
We are a little worried about our medications, we will probably run out with about a week left in country. I will be a real nice girl by the time we leave here without a couple of my meds. DH may have to put me in a straight jacket and put tape on my mouth. I think he is already plotting how he can do it while I am asleep, haha! Tomorrow will be a great day, we are going to go to Donestk and let V and Whale play at that indoor amusement park and maybe M and I can get T some clothes that will actually fit her. Yesterday while we were there, I looked at the size of her pants because they fit her pretty well, and they were 6-12 months. That isn't so great. All of the 2T's I brought for her to wear home are no longer an option darn it, and they are soooo cute. So I will type to you all tomorrow night when we get back from Donetsk. I guess I leave all tonight with a thought. When you pray for something specifically you may be opening a can of worms. We prayed specifically for a jury. We got our jury, but we left out the rest of the process and it came back to bite us on the behind. I don't think God does things like this to 'be mean' but to teach us to pray his will for things. I think we forgot that part yesterday.
Love to you all, I guess that our being gone longer just means that you all will grow fonder of us in the process. :)
P.S. I wanted to address some of the comments left yesterday. Yes, Della your comment can count as an email:) Anyone who wants to join Kristi, L, Della, and my new friends from Louisville is welcome. Hey Melissa, guess what, we were in a room with a really wonderful guy and he told us the trick to getting strikes on Bowling and we got our badge within and hour of him doing so, now on to the stupid ducks, YUCK! Thanks also to the Woods, Laurel, and Amy for your emails and support as well, especially the compliments *blushing* . We are really having a nice time here. It is just so different than home. I love to read the comments, keep them coming. Love to you all.
There is a possibility of a complete miracle and we may be able to get our court decree and fly through all of the necessities on the 5th, take the overnight train to Kiev and get into the medical clinic on Friday morning and then the embassy later that morning, pick up the visa after 3 pm on the 6th and possibly fly out on the 7th. This would be a complete miracle and probably not happening but for that to happen it would mean EVERYONE would have to be in their offices working extremely efficiently on the 5th and absolutely nothing go wrong. Obviously we are not counting on that as that has never happened, not once, in this complete adoption. Well, I take that back, the SDA appointment was only 4 minutes long, that was unbelievable. So, we are expecting to be home around the 11th or 12th. Only time will tell, we have decided to make the best of the situation and pray we have not hurt M's relationship with the new SDA since she will continue to be here long after we leave. By the time all of this was over, we had to get ready to walk to the Orphanage. T was absolutely FABULOUS today. She laughed, played, had a lot of fun and really came out of her shell. I can tell we are going to have our hands completely full with the two them. Whale was having so much fun with her today. She gave us kisses again and we went on our way, with the obligatory stop at our little market. We got 5 peppers today to make stir fry and it cost us $.05, I am serious. We got the ice cream we have every night and walked home. I made chicken stir fry for dinner and we will have our ice cream for dessert as soon as I finish this blog, so bye!
Just kidding!! hahaha !
We are a little worried about our medications, we will probably run out with about a week left in country. I will be a real nice girl by the time we leave here without a couple of my meds. DH may have to put me in a straight jacket and put tape on my mouth. I think he is already plotting how he can do it while I am asleep, haha! Tomorrow will be a great day, we are going to go to Donestk and let V and Whale play at that indoor amusement park and maybe M and I can get T some clothes that will actually fit her. Yesterday while we were there, I looked at the size of her pants because they fit her pretty well, and they were 6-12 months. That isn't so great. All of the 2T's I brought for her to wear home are no longer an option darn it, and they are soooo cute. So I will type to you all tomorrow night when we get back from Donetsk. I guess I leave all tonight with a thought. When you pray for something specifically you may be opening a can of worms. We prayed specifically for a jury. We got our jury, but we left out the rest of the process and it came back to bite us on the behind. I don't think God does things like this to 'be mean' but to teach us to pray his will for things. I think we forgot that part yesterday.
Love to you all, I guess that our being gone longer just means that you all will grow fonder of us in the process. :)
P.S. I wanted to address some of the comments left yesterday. Yes, Della your comment can count as an email:) Anyone who wants to join Kristi, L, Della, and my new friends from Louisville is welcome. Hey Melissa, guess what, we were in a room with a really wonderful guy and he told us the trick to getting strikes on Bowling and we got our badge within and hour of him doing so, now on to the stupid ducks, YUCK! Thanks also to the Woods, Laurel, and Amy for your emails and support as well, especially the compliments *blushing* . We are really having a nice time here. It is just so different than home. I love to read the comments, keep them coming. Love to you all.

4 Comments:
Oh I am SO SO SORRY! I feel your pain. Well at least you'll have plenty of stories when you get home. It's always one more thing - huh? We've been home 7+ months and I just want you to know that you WILL get home. ANd you won't believe how quickly you'll get back to the routines of your life - of course you will no longer take for granted things like: signs you can read, your own pillow, hot water whenever you want it, grocery stores with food items you can identify . . . We are praying for you - and I believe that it is God's will to get you outta there sooner rather than later. The system in Ukraine is totally unbelievable and SLOOOOOW - like you don't already know that!!! Hang in there - maybe you should put on your rubby red slippers and click them a couple of times and repeat "there's no place like home" - won't get you home, but it will take up a few minutes. We knew we were desparate for stuff to do when my hubby paid TWENTY BUCKS for a 2 month old Glamour magazine -in English - cause I was going CRAZY waiting waiting waiting. ANd I don't even read Glamour magazine! Hey can you get your meds fedexed? Hate to think of you over there without those! WE live in KY - where in Indiana are you? HANG IN THERE!!!! You WILL get home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm sorry for all your troubles there! At least you know that God is letting you bring your little girl home (although it is taking longer than you had hoped.) There's a trick to bowling??? You have to share!
F*** em
That is my response to the SDA and their translators.
That really pisses me off for you and T and Whale and DH and M!
How dare them.
I am so pissed but glad that you and T had a good day.
for today will pass and time will pass and eventually the trip will pass and you will soon forget... so this is part of the birth of T and in a year it will no longer matter because bills still remain and then you look over and there is your DD and well life is good again.
BTW I sent you email on that one account Verizon maybe....
love ya
L
Hi Amy and family!
Hang in there! Things will have a way of working out - you may not see it or feel it yet - but they will!
Out thoughts are with you!
Amy Libenow
Post a Comment
<< Home