Click Here to get this from pYzam.com!
Thursday, September 21, 2006
Clarification and some prayer needed please...
Before I type anything about today, I am addressing some things from yesterday. NO absolutely have DH or I ever smoked pot, and not only do I not want whale to have a Cheech and Chong moment at 5, I pray he never does. In my quest to try and be witty, I failed to think about what I was implying, but I hope you all know it was just a joke. Not the pot smoking here because yes the Ukrainians were doing that, but the rest of it. Thank you Dinah for your messages, it is nice to know someone from Kroger is following along with us. I am saying that you need to tell Mr. Henne there is a snowballs chance in H e double hockey sticks of us being back next week. It would be very nice and all, but I think DH still is on vacation time until the 6th or so. That is me talking not DH although I bet he has somethings he would like to say, hehehe!
Kristi, write me and let me know where you are in Indiana? I have been talking with someone in Louisville as well and we should all meet up after our appointments are over and we are all settled in with our new children. Julie, I am so excited for you 12 hours WHOO HOOO!!!! Are you adopting a known child or traveling blind? I would love to meet up, but I think we MAY start our 10 day wait tomorrow. More on that coming in a minute. And as far as ME is concerned, no there is nothing we are hiding from our loving family!! See first line of the blog, LOL!!!

Ok, moving on to today. We got dressed and ready this morning and took the long hike down to the market. We got some more groceries, yes we do this almost EVERY stinking day, and I stopped and got T a sippy TYPE cup, they don't have our western version of sippy cups here in Ukraine. We came back, had some grilled cheese sandwiches and took naps. As we were walking to the orphanage the phone rang. M said she would call us after she met with the judge today. She had some potentially bad news, I know that is all we ever get isn't it? She said that the judge will hear our case tomorrow, BUT he said that the jury that must be present was there for our original time of 9:30 this morning and he does not think he will be able to get another jury together on a Friday afternoon. If he cannot then we will have to wait to have our court hearing on Monday and that just adds another 3 days to this trip that we just cannot do. Please everyone pray that these jurors will come together for a short time tomorrow and help us out with this hearing. We just have to start these 10 days tomorrow. M and I were also going to go get a pedicure today, but we could not get times together so we are going to wait until Monday to do that. A pedicure is about $3, ok all of you women reading this will understand that is an excellent deal and well worth the money. Especially after walking so much today.
Anyway, we went to get T and she was ready to go. She ran to us and was excited about going outside with us. She is such a little poop, she went right for the backpack as soon as her daddy sat it down. She knew something was in there that she wanted. So she got a little snack and I brought the sippy cup, she was scared of it. We have found there isn't much she isn't scared of, she is a little scaredy cat of EVERYTHING. She was fine when I took the top off of it and it was just a cup, but it took her awhile to warm up to the idea of me putting the top back on it. Once she was ok with that, she just wanted more and more water (voda, in Russian) Another family, that apparently were from Italy came out with a little dark headed boy that looked to be about 4 years old. Now, my Italian is not so great, as a matter of fact it is non-existent, but I know it sounds similar to Spanish and they were saying familiar words, but the biggest clue was when they told their new son, Alesandro, Bravo, that is about as Italian as it gets. When we came back from walking with her and playing in the back of the orphanage there was another couple with a little child. We only saw them from a distance though so we couldn't even guess what country they were from. T did so well, she even laughed with her papa today. When we got back up to her room, the caregiver came to get her and once she got T's jacket off, T came running to me with her arms out. She wanted Kisses!!!! I gave her MMMMMMWA kisses on her cheek and she laughed and then she let papa do it too. She didn't want us to go tonight. That makes me happy, however I think it will be different when it is not all play and it is living and sleeping and eating with us. We will see. . . . . . Someday *sigh*
We stopped at another market on the way back and got some cheese and I made Mac/Cheese and Hamburgers for dinner, they were really yummy. The cheese was REAL cheese, not velveeta or American, and it was pretty tasty. Whale actually ask for seconds. He is eating like a horse over here for some reason. Hard to believe, but it is true. We were afraid he would shrivel up like a raisin after going for a month not eating anything. According to M's scale, he has actually gained a little weight. It doesn't show I have lost much, but I am telling you my clothes definitely show it. DH says he can tell, that makes me happy. Well, we have to go try to earn our POGO badges for this week, so please pray and keep the emails coming. It was nice to get some today **smiling here**
Love to all, Goodnight!





4 Comments:

Blogger adoptedthree said...

Hey Amy

I wanna come play too with all the new kiddos ;)

Blogger Missy said...

Are you going to be able to get that goofy bowling badge?? I think I have played about a dozen games and can't get more than 165. YUCK!!! Oh, yeah, you don't know me! lol But I am VERY much enjoying reading about your adventure. I am in the money saving stage for an adoption from Ukraine. You are an inspiration to us waiting parents-to-be.

Blogger Bill & Kelly Woods said...

I have been reading your blog, but haven't had the chance to post. I will be praying that everything happens for you and you're able to come home soon. I appreciate how you've shared the process and tidbits about life in Ukraine. We hope to travel in November. Your son sounds like a little trooper! Good luck to you and your family!!!

Blogger The Fabulous Us ! said...

You guilted me too ! We adopted from Cherkassy in May 2003 a 15 month old boy and I remember the quirky things that happened while doing so...

It certainly is an adventure and you do tell it so well ! I love sitting down and reading about your daily life there, the shopping trips are so familiar although you seem to have the food thing down alot better than we did.

I hope you get things with Judge/Jury sorted out soon :)

Take care and keep posting !

Amy in Ontario, Canada

Post a Comment

<< Home