Before I tell everyone how today went, let me tell you what happened last night after I logged off and we were eating dinner. I finished first and had to use the bathroom, Yes, I know too much Information, but anyway I had just started the washer, which is in the bathroom and was reaching for the toilet paper when everything went black. Oh yes, it was another electricity outage, however this time it only included floors 6 - 9 on the right side of the building. Why you ask? Who knows, M called her neighbors and then she called some service and they sent some guys out to fix it. Well, it went out about 7:30 pm and we had finally decided we were just going to go to bed. As we were about asleep, every light came on and the washer came on. This was at 9:30 and we had to wait on the washer to finish because whales jacket was in there. I had to take 2 childrens benedryl, the mosquitos moved from whale to me for some reason and I couldn't stop itching. I will probably end up with scars I have scratched them raw.
Ok, today M called us at 10 and told us that she would be here at 11:30 because she had called the SDA about 10 times this morning and they said if we sent a new power of Attorney to them one of M's friends (He does French adoptions) could check on our letter since M could not get a train ticket. So we went to the Notary and they were leaving for lunch a couple minutes after we got there, so we went to eat. M went and made copies while we ate and then we all walked back down to the notary again. M said it would be a good idea to just go ahead and do the passport application while we were there. So 2 hours later we walked out with the POA we need for the guy in Kiev and the passport application. She is sending up on a train tonight and he will pick it up in the morning. He is going to go to the SDA and see if they did our document that we need for court. If he can get it tomorrow he is going to send it back to us on tomorrow nights train and we will have it for court on Thursday. If they do not do the documents until Thursday he will fax it to us and we will be able to go to court with the faxed copy until our original gets here. That way we can start counting our 10 days. THANK GOD for M! She is such a wonderful person, smart, funny and pregnant. She keeps saying she is so big, but you can hardly tell she is pregnant. It is so cute and she is a lovely person, we enjoy spending time with her. Whale loves her and always wants to hold her hand instead of ours. Anyway, that is our good news, we may still be on schedule thanks to M's persistance and her understanding of our situation. When we were here adopting whale DH and I prayed a prayer every night before bed together. We have been doing that for the last week with Whale and I have to say I have not felt homesick or depressed. God is watching over us and taking care of us.
Anyway, our visit with T was not so great today. She was very much not wanting to have anything to do with us today. She just did her own thing and acted like we were not there. The caregiver that was there when we picked her up is one that we have only seen one other time and she was really snotty acting to us and she was kind of jerking T around getting her ready. The smell of pee was so strong in the room it was almost overwhelming. Whale wouldn't even go in the room because of the smell. The other caregivers at least are courteous to us and I have never smelled urine so bad before. I really should complain, but I am leaving in about 14 days and I don't want my precious baby girl to suffer the consequences of our complaint. I may say something on the day we leave this place for good. Whale was a pretty good boy all day and then we did not take an afternoon nap like we usually do and he was a bear this afternoon. I mean B-A-D! but after we got back to the apartment it is like the good boy returned and the evil spawn of satan was left on the street. Thank goodness, I would have probably lost my mind if he had come upstairs tonight. I am tired. We just finished our spaghetti dinner and another load of laundry, so we are hanging that up and I think I am going to find a new book to read on M's bookshelf. I haven't learned to speak and read Russian, she has some Danielle Steel books and about 10 others for me to choose from. I might finish them all before we leave here. It is only 7:18 pm here and I am really considering going to bed very soon, so I am calling it a night. Love to you all!
Ok, today M called us at 10 and told us that she would be here at 11:30 because she had called the SDA about 10 times this morning and they said if we sent a new power of Attorney to them one of M's friends (He does French adoptions) could check on our letter since M could not get a train ticket. So we went to the Notary and they were leaving for lunch a couple minutes after we got there, so we went to eat. M went and made copies while we ate and then we all walked back down to the notary again. M said it would be a good idea to just go ahead and do the passport application while we were there. So 2 hours later we walked out with the POA we need for the guy in Kiev and the passport application. She is sending up on a train tonight and he will pick it up in the morning. He is going to go to the SDA and see if they did our document that we need for court. If he can get it tomorrow he is going to send it back to us on tomorrow nights train and we will have it for court on Thursday. If they do not do the documents until Thursday he will fax it to us and we will be able to go to court with the faxed copy until our original gets here. That way we can start counting our 10 days. THANK GOD for M! She is such a wonderful person, smart, funny and pregnant. She keeps saying she is so big, but you can hardly tell she is pregnant. It is so cute and she is a lovely person, we enjoy spending time with her. Whale loves her and always wants to hold her hand instead of ours. Anyway, that is our good news, we may still be on schedule thanks to M's persistance and her understanding of our situation. When we were here adopting whale DH and I prayed a prayer every night before bed together. We have been doing that for the last week with Whale and I have to say I have not felt homesick or depressed. God is watching over us and taking care of us.
Anyway, our visit with T was not so great today. She was very much not wanting to have anything to do with us today. She just did her own thing and acted like we were not there. The caregiver that was there when we picked her up is one that we have only seen one other time and she was really snotty acting to us and she was kind of jerking T around getting her ready. The smell of pee was so strong in the room it was almost overwhelming. Whale wouldn't even go in the room because of the smell. The other caregivers at least are courteous to us and I have never smelled urine so bad before. I really should complain, but I am leaving in about 14 days and I don't want my precious baby girl to suffer the consequences of our complaint. I may say something on the day we leave this place for good. Whale was a pretty good boy all day and then we did not take an afternoon nap like we usually do and he was a bear this afternoon. I mean B-A-D! but after we got back to the apartment it is like the good boy returned and the evil spawn of satan was left on the street. Thank goodness, I would have probably lost my mind if he had come upstairs tonight. I am tired. We just finished our spaghetti dinner and another load of laundry, so we are hanging that up and I think I am going to find a new book to read on M's bookshelf. I haven't learned to speak and read Russian, she has some Danielle Steel books and about 10 others for me to choose from. I might finish them all before we leave here. It is only 7:18 pm here and I am really considering going to bed very soon, so I am calling it a night. Love to you all!

2 Comments:
AMEN to everything! Oh and get that belly picture. Now her belly will be as big as mine LOL!
Jed,
We are staying in our translators apartment and she has cable access. I believe I saw wifi access in Kiev, but I have not seen anything about it here in this region. Most of the internet cafes seem to be using cable. Every one of the internet cafes we have used was very very fast. I hope you get your appointment soon. I sounds as though you should be next up with your registration date. I haven't seen the blood orange juice, but I will look for it the next time we go to the market, which will probably be today! God Bless! Amy
Post a Comment
<< Home