Click Here to get this from pYzam.com!
Monday, September 25, 2006
COURT IS OVER, WE ARE A FAMILY!!!!
I woke up at 6 am this morning, and I am not sure why, but we all got showers and were waiting for M by 8:30 on the side of the road, well that just doesn't sound right. She picked us up and we met her by the road so she wouldn't have to drive in the Apartment mess. Anyway, we got to court and the social worker was there and a few minutes later the hot lawyer showed up. We were waiting and waiting and waiting and...........
Finally the judges assistant or reporter came out and said only one juror showed up. M went in and talked with them for a few minutes. She kept telling me to relax, she thought I looked nervous, gee ya think????
I was sweating hot and no one else was, but my DH told me it was because I was standing by the hot lawyer, and then I figured it out. He is so HOT the heat was radiating from him and that was what was just burning me up, hahaha! Anyway, M came out and said she was going to go pickup the new juror at work. So we waited and waited and waited some more. Our court hearing was scheduled for 9 am and I think we finally went in at 10:30 or so. The judge ask DH his name, birthdate and place of birth, about our house and our combined income, THANK GOD he didn't ask about debt, LOL! He ask about DH's job, why we were adopting and if our home was kid friendly. He also ask if we established contact with the girl and if we were aware of her medical conditions. Next it was my turn Name, place of birth, date of birth, he ask if I was happy with her and if I was happy to be adding a girl to the family. I told him it would be nice to be able to put dresses on a little girl. Dumb answer, but he smiled and the jurors smiled. The hot lawyer, who's name by the way is Vova and the social worker both favored T being adopted by us and it was over. Whale sat and ate M & M's the whole time. I think whale stood by me and was being cute and the judge smiled at him. It was very cute. Anyway, they had M read the court decree and check for any mistakes. She found one, he said congratulations on your new family, I wish you much health and happiness. We were done! We go in 10 days to pick up the decree and then we finish up and we get to come home. Since the US Embassy is freaking closed on October 9th for Columbus day (I mean come on, is that REALLY a holiday??) we are set back yet another day. I suppose that will be ok, it will give us a chance to souvenir shop in Kiev. We will visit the medical clinic on October 9th, and the 10th we will go to the Embassy for her visa and then we will be on a plane the 11th at 6 am. FINALLY! Well at least that is the plan, foreseeing no further problems. Ok, we took the juror back to her job at a steel mill and then we went to eat at a very nice new hotel here in Kramatorsk. It is a little far away from the main drag, but it was really cool. They let us tour each room and each room is themed for a different country. Japan was my favorite. We ate very very very yummy food and came home and took a nap. We changed some money after we got up and stopped and got V a watch to go with the make up we got her in Donetsk for her birthday and then we walked to the orphanage.
T was not really thrilled to see us at first, but after she got the food, her mood suddenly changed. Just like her mommy already!!! She played a lot today and she was in a fairly good mood, except the whole papa acceptance thing, no, Nada, not today. She wanted no part of him today for some reason. I figure after another 10 days or so she will eventually have to warm up to him. DH thinks it will be somewhere around 16 years before she does, but little does he know that all teenagers hate their parents. We had to take her back early tonight since we had to walk down to the party. I think she definitely has a favorite caregiver, she always runs to this one specific lady and it makes me sad that we will be yanking her away from that relationship, but hopefully soon enough she will think of us like that and not be sad about it.
We then walked down to the party and let me tell you it was a nice party. They had dinner, a big screen TV with Tom and Jerry playing and then they brought in some clowns. The kids had a wonderful time. Bless Whale's little heart, he had no clue what they were saying, but he tried his best to fit in with the bunch of them. He didn't really care, they danced and he had fun doing that, and then the clowns gave him a pen, and a race car and he was excited HE WON! I don't think he knows what he won for but he won nonetheless, and that was enough for him. M gave us some champange to celebrate the birth of her daughter and we celebrated the birth of our family. DH didn't like his, but every time my glass was empty M filled it up again. I think I had only 3 glasses, it wasn't bad, but I would have rather had diet coke, ahhhh I miss diet coke/Pepsi!!!! It was like an oven in the room we were in and everyone was sweating and fanning themselves, except for the kids, they were oblivious. Toward the end, we told her we would head back to the apartment and some friends of theirs live in the next building so they gave us a ride home. I think it would have been very difficult walking home in the pitch dark. DH says he wouldn't have been afraid of anyone attacking us or anything like that, but the hole and the bumps could have tripped us and killed us, haha! So that brings us to now, it is 9:15 pm and we are tired and hot and the mosquito's are eating us alive. I want to leave a window open but there are no screens on their windows here. Therefore the mosquito's feast on us all night long. We have no plans for tomorrow, so we will probably just lay around and maybe go to the market, imagine that huh? and of course visit T around 3:30pm.
Alrighty, I hope everyone is enjoying all of the new TV series premieres. It makes me sick to think I missed Grey's Anatomy and The office, but what can you do? I am going to go read for now. I am reading John Grisham's "The Painted House" it is a good book if no one has ever read it.
Talk to you all tomorrow.


5 Comments:

Blogger cara said...

Congratulations!!!Now the countdown begins!! At one point last year, I was counting the hours until the ten days were done. We were able to get the med physical and the embassy appointment done on one day, with lots of extra time. Good luck! I also remember Matthew running to his caregiver in the white coat, it broke my heart that he didn't seem so excited to see us. But he does now. Cara

Blogger tom said...

We stayed at Vova and Katia's apartment when we were in Kramatorsk. He's quite yummy!!!! Believe me though, you do NOT want him driving you anywhere. He drove us to Donests'k to get the passports and he's BLOODY scary. At one point, we were driving on the railway tracks with a train coming towards us!!!!

Jane

Blogger tom said...

p.s. I have tried to post to your site every day and most times, my comments get lost. So, don't be too hard on us not keeping in touch, we're trying harder than you know!!!!

Blogger Julie said...

Whew, I finally got caught up on your blog tonight, haven't had a chance to read much since we have been in UA. Goodness girl, you have been through so much!!! I am so happy for you that you FINALLY had court (after 17 days!!!!!). Congrats on your new daughter!!! So, do you get to have T for the 10 day wait??

We had our appointment today and it went very well. We are headed out on the overnight train to Crimea tomorrow night. I guess we won't cross paths in Kyiv, but good luck on your journey and enjoy your 10 day wait :)
Julie

Blogger The Fabulous Us ! said...

CONGRATS !!!! This is great news :)

Not much longer and you will have her home with you (and get to put dresses on her of course) I am waiting for the same thing, my little girl (who is in China) and we get to get her Nov 3 or so !

I am so happy for you ! CONGRATS again !

Amy

Post a Comment

<< Home