I woke up at 3:30 am and never went back to sleep something is being done about this TONIGHT!! I just can't take no sleep anymore, but I am unable to sleep when I get the chance. We all went to get showers this morning and well guess what, No Water! We got cleaned up and ready and started to walk to the orphanage around 8:50 and then talked to M about 10 after 9 and she said we had permission to go get passport photos today, whoo hoo! We were thrilled to get to take T out of the fenced in prison she lives in everyday we visit her. We were with her for about an hour or so until M came to take us to get the photos. She was still scared of the cats today, but maybe and I mean maybe just a little less than yesterday. We got her in the car and of course no car seats over here and Whale's favorite position is standing and watching out of the front window so of course she wanted to as well. It was very cute with her standing there with him behind her. She was scared a few times but M calmed her down very well with the whole Russian language and all, imagine that! She did really well walking to the photo place, but once we got there she kind of freaked a little. M said that the whole time she was getting the picture taken she kept asking where that woman is, and the only woman she could figure was the secretary in the front office. As soon as we got her out of the chair for the picture she calmed down and was really happy once we walked out the door. She was fine in the car again, but then came the Market, uh oh! Overload!!! M said we really needed a cookie to calm her down, but we didn't have one and we were on the 3rd floor buying earrings for the kids doctor. We love this woman, she dotes over Whale everytime we see her and T runs to her everytime. Anywho, M kept her calm and we went downstairs and got some crackers and pepsi. She wanted the crackers immediately so she got them, of course :O) The Pepsi was ours not hers. We came to the apartment to get the gift we bought for the director and I brought her up to the apartment with Whale and I, she loved the elevator and when we got inside Whale wanted some milk so I got him some and I got her a little as well. She sucked that stuff down like an man had been stranded in the desert for a year with no water. She wanted more, but I told her no, I didn't want her to get sick, well then the little rocking fit started, not crying, but the pouting, I gave her a cracker and she smiled again. How easy was that? I hope it stays that way, LOL!!! We took her back to her groupa and then took Anatoly his gift. He loved it. I got him Jim Beam from home and I got a nice leather covered flask here in Ukraine, we also made an orphanage donation that I KNOW will go to good use as he said they have so many expenses right now before winter. We then ask for our kids wonderful doctor and gave her the earrings, she truly seemed touched and got tears in her eyes. She is giving us her email address and wants us to keep in contact as she remembers Whale from his time there over 3 years ago and she loves T. I truly have a soft spot for this woman, I really think the world of her. She could be a doctor doing private practice and she takes care of these kids for so little money. I think that says a lot about someone. M said that at most that she may make about $100 - $120 PER MONTH!!! A doctor, unbelievable. Anyway enough about that!
We left to go get train tickets for next Sunday and the train ticket office was out to lunch, nothing comes between a Ukrainian and their lunch break, nothing. So we went to the restaurant in the hotel we spent so much time in when we were here to get Whale. Once again, lunch was beyond all expectations. I had borscht and pork stroganoff with rice, DH had a Pork chop and rice, and whale, well spaghetti with butter and cheese only, no sauce. When we finished and paid our whopping $13 dollar bill (this included M's lunch too!) we went to get tickets, guess what, already sold out for a week from Sunday. The lady told us to come back on Monday morning and she will check again, evidently something will be updated in the computer Sunday night and we may have a chance. M said while we were eating, saying that they would be sold out, and they were. Train tickets are a hot commodity here, I am not sure why they don't add additional train routes, they would certainly make the money back in no time flat. We came back to the apartment and M walked over to the open market with us. We naturally bought cookies, cookies and oh yeah, candy, LOL maybe that is why I am not losing much weight, huh? We also got some spices and they were really cheap, about $.50 for about 6 ounces of each spice. They even had saffron for that price. We don't think it is REAL true saffron, that stuff is like $17 for .06 ounces everywhere else. That is the most expensive stuff for real, I read somewhere that pound for pound saffron is worth more than gold or platinum. So this stuff had to be pseudo saffron or something. We didn't get any, we can't bring it home, so what is the point. We came back home and Whale and DH took a nap. DH for about 20 minutes, Whale, about 2 hours, me, none! I sent DH to the Apteka and he took the handy dandy dictionary and got me some sleeping pills. The Pharmacist told him 2 pills at 6 pm and then she showed on her watch from 6 pm to 12 noon! No way are these things making me sleep 18 hours, so I only took one to try it first. Dinah the name of this stuff is Phlorisedum-Zdorovye probably nothing that would even translate to something in an English equivalent, so I hope I don't keel over from some drug interaction or something. I just want to sleep, is that so wrong??? :( I started a new book, and I am almost done with it. It is one of those Harlequin type things and I think I have read it for about an hour, talk about an easy read. Anyway, that Catherine Coulter book was really good, so if any of you are readers you should check out "Blind Side" not John Grisham "A painted house" ending sucks. Good grief, if we spend much more time here, I could be a book critic. Random thoughts here now since this pill seems to be kicking in now. I made dinner and answered my Mommy's LONNNNNNGGGGG email and now this, but I seem to be failing very quickly at this. DH is laughing at my incompetency in typing right now. I am not doing good at allllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll, crap fell asleep.
I think I am going to go to bed now.
Love to you allllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll snorrrrreeeeeeeeeeeee
We left to go get train tickets for next Sunday and the train ticket office was out to lunch, nothing comes between a Ukrainian and their lunch break, nothing. So we went to the restaurant in the hotel we spent so much time in when we were here to get Whale. Once again, lunch was beyond all expectations. I had borscht and pork stroganoff with rice, DH had a Pork chop and rice, and whale, well spaghetti with butter and cheese only, no sauce. When we finished and paid our whopping $13 dollar bill (this included M's lunch too!) we went to get tickets, guess what, already sold out for a week from Sunday. The lady told us to come back on Monday morning and she will check again, evidently something will be updated in the computer Sunday night and we may have a chance. M said while we were eating, saying that they would be sold out, and they were. Train tickets are a hot commodity here, I am not sure why they don't add additional train routes, they would certainly make the money back in no time flat. We came back to the apartment and M walked over to the open market with us. We naturally bought cookies, cookies and oh yeah, candy, LOL maybe that is why I am not losing much weight, huh? We also got some spices and they were really cheap, about $.50 for about 6 ounces of each spice. They even had saffron for that price. We don't think it is REAL true saffron, that stuff is like $17 for .06 ounces everywhere else. That is the most expensive stuff for real, I read somewhere that pound for pound saffron is worth more than gold or platinum. So this stuff had to be pseudo saffron or something. We didn't get any, we can't bring it home, so what is the point. We came back home and Whale and DH took a nap. DH for about 20 minutes, Whale, about 2 hours, me, none! I sent DH to the Apteka and he took the handy dandy dictionary and got me some sleeping pills. The Pharmacist told him 2 pills at 6 pm and then she showed on her watch from 6 pm to 12 noon! No way are these things making me sleep 18 hours, so I only took one to try it first. Dinah the name of this stuff is Phlorisedum-Zdorovye probably nothing that would even translate to something in an English equivalent, so I hope I don't keel over from some drug interaction or something. I just want to sleep, is that so wrong??? :( I started a new book, and I am almost done with it. It is one of those Harlequin type things and I think I have read it for about an hour, talk about an easy read. Anyway, that Catherine Coulter book was really good, so if any of you are readers you should check out "Blind Side" not John Grisham "A painted house" ending sucks. Good grief, if we spend much more time here, I could be a book critic. Random thoughts here now since this pill seems to be kicking in now. I made dinner and answered my Mommy's LONNNNNNGGGGG email and now this, but I seem to be failing very quickly at this. DH is laughing at my incompetency in typing right now. I am not doing good at allllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll, crap fell asleep.
I think I am going to go to bed now.
Love to you allllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll snorrrrreeeeeeeeeeeee

1 Comments:
Hey Ames
Try sleeping in V's little bed I slept there okay and I am very much like you when it comes to sleep I either fail or not and usually anywhere then home it is fail but I did okay in her bed. Have you thought about buying a new pillow that might help too. (I always bring my own to UA it is a lifesaver that is my luxury item)
Glad to read that T's big adventure beyond the walls was a success it is only up hill from here////
Take that pic I need before you forget even if it is just a side view
xo
Post a Comment
<< Home