Click Here to get this from pYzam.com!
Tuesday, September 26, 2006
T's first complete freak out
Woke up early again this morning. I am not sure what my problem is, but it was once again before dawn. I finished reading my book, and you know I said it was a good book? Well, It was until the end. I HATED the end of the book. I am not sure what John Grisham was thinking, it is like he left off the real ending of the book. Anyway, enough of that tirade. The boys woke up just after 7 am and of course that is when I was ready to lay down again. So we did not do anything today but lay around, play on the computer, read and nap. We got showers and went to see T. She was not really happy to see us, but once again, when the food came out she changed her tune. She was probably in a crappy mood because the lady that got her dressed put shoes on her that were two sizes too small. I am serious, the poor girl couldn't even walk her foot was shoved in these shoes. I took them off of her for a while and DH freaked out and told me to put them back on that if anyone saw it we could be in trouble. I just did it and we then went inside to play awhile so her poor little feet could unfold. When our time was up and we had to take her back to her room we went outside just so she could be outside again before the evening was out. Well, guess what, There was a precious little kitten that was out there, and whale was beside himself with glee. This little kitten was pretty tame. He just wanted to pet her and I thought that since it was so small that T would not completely freak out. I WAS WAYYYYYYY WRONG!!! I held this tiny kitten and I thought that she was going to have a seizure she was shaking so hard and boy was she screaming at the top of her lungs. Everyone was looking at us, The Italians, the other kids that were outside and this little kitten kept wanting to play with whale so it was following us. She continued to completely spaz out. I don't know what she is going to do when we get home. I mean Kisa and Abby are our babies and whale will never allow them to go anywhere. But then again, she is afraid of anything and everything that moves, Literally! Leaves, animals, flapping plastic bags, birds, the only thing she has not been afraid of was the bubbles and she kind of acted afraid of them today. This little girl has a lot of fears to resolve. She cannot live her life in a windowless room afraid of everything. This was a quote from DH and he is actually right, I would say for once, but I am mad at him and whale right now, and I am just not up to it.
Why you ask am I mad at the two of them? Well, let me tell you, to me it seems that all DH does is growl at whale to listen or to be good, or something or other. So I try to come in as the voice of reason and be the sweet motherly mother, and whale still wants DH instead of me!!! I don't get it, but I guess that is fine. It just means I don't have to get off of my butt and do anything for whale, because when I do, he tells me "No, I want my daddy!" so I guess he can have his daddy. I will have my hands full of a very scared (ridiculously scared) little girl in about 9 days or so anyway.
I want to thank everyone for their comments on yesterdays blog. Dee I was so touched to read your comment. I think it also brought tears to my husbands eyes as well. Thanks also to Dinah, Laurel, Amy, L , Lil sis, Cara, Jane and Julie for your comments. It always makes my day to wake up in the morning and read them. It makes for a beautiful start to the day. Keep them coming, please!! Love to you all and thanks for the encouraging words and support. Today marks the end of the third complete week we have been in Ukraine. We only have 2 more weeks to go! Well, 2 weeks and one day, we will leave on a Wednesday at 6 or 6:55 am and arrive in Indy at 4:55 pm. Quick plane huh? hahaha! Talk to everyone tomorrow, hopefully there will be something of importance or interest to report. Oh yeah, we did stop at the market on the way home from the orphanage tonight, just like every night. We had fried potatoes/onions, scrambled eggs and canadian bacon for dinner and I have to say it was pretty tasty. I am going to go read now, I started a new book Catherine Coulter "Blindside" it is pretty good so far.

Good night!


3 Comments:

Blogger Kim & Brad said...

It’s great to see that everything is working out so well for you. I fully believe that once she is yours forever and out of the orphanage things will change drastically. The count down until you come home in on, how wonderful. Congratulations to you and your family.

Blogger cara said...

I sure hope T comes around to animals, Matthew's orphanage in Odessa had lots of pets so he wasn't afraid-Good thing to since we live on a farm. The caregivers put Matthew in Mary Jane type shoes that were way to small also. I could tell his feet hurt. We bought him some shoes and warm socks and our translator told them that the shoes were only for Matthew to wear and that they would be going home with him. They were really good about this, maybe this would work for T. I hate to think of her walking around in tiny shoes, poor little thing. Cara norbycj@yahoo.com

Blogger adoptedthree said...

Ahh boys and there dads it is the age. Besides dads can better relate to things like how funny a fart or burp is then mom. In fact making armpit noise is a riot for DH but just an annoyance for me. Trust me T and you will be two pees in a pod with lots of cuddly furballs in between. Not a single one of my kids appreciated the furry ones but did they get over that quickly. Just get her out of those walls and she will be a whole new baby girl. Hey are the books all of those in M's apartment? She had a ton!

Post a Comment

<< Home