Click Here to get this from pYzam.com!
Saturday, September 30, 2006
Itchy spots, Itchy spots, Oh no it's the CHICKENPOX!!!
Very very very rough morning here in Ukraine. I took one of those sleeping pills rather than the 2 I was suppose to take and I was still up at about 4:30 am. I went into V's bed and tried sleeping on that bed. I am going to start out there tonight and see if that helps me any. I will be sad though being away from Whale and DH. Whale had a horrid morning and he was in so much trouble it was unbelievable smarting off, yelling, stomping feet and the whole deal. I know he is tired too, but we still can't have this attitude and let it be ok. He told me he was hungry. He wanted a toasted cheese and scrambled eggs. This was lunchtime, do you see how long we struggled with the screaming and yelling. He went from about 10 - Noon anyways, I made both, he ate both. He was very good about it. The president of Life2Orphans was here in Kramatorsk and she called and we went and met her and Sveta and George(Life2 in country workers) for Tea/coffee. It was a very nice visit. They really work their bottoms off for these children here. For anyone who has never heard of them please visit www.life2orphans.org and if you have an extra $5 or so laying around won't you consider visiting their christmas wish list and get a barbie or something for a child living in an orphanage. You can do it through Amazon.com.
Anyway, we took a taxi to to the orphanage to visit T. DH went upstairs to get her while Whale and I went to sign the book so they know we have her. DH came around the corner and told us and signed languaged the nurse that the door was all taped shut. She shook her head yes and started poking all over herself. HOLY CRAP!!!! T's groupa is quarantined due to the chickenpox. We went upstairs and they wouldn't let us bring her outside. However, it was wet and cool from all of the rain overnight and this morning. So we went in and they let us play in the groupa's foyer. I am talking a tiny hallway type space about 3 foot wide and 10 feet long. Whale was freaking out the whole time worried about chickenpox and what it means. He wanted to leave. T was not interested in doing anything except getting tickled and wanting outside. T kept taking the shoes out of the shoe rack they keep in the foyer and was trying to put them on. I finally took off her slippers and put a pair on her and she struted around the "ROOM?" like she was the Queen of the World. DH and I were about ready to jump off of the roof because whale wouldn't quit whining about how the room stinks , and why couldn't we go outside and where are the chickens and and and so finally, Around 5:20 pm the caregivers opened the door and were kind of indicating we should go so they could do dinner. We got ready and then all of a sudden T wanted to go with us. She was very sweet and gave us kisses. I cannot wait until we get to walk out of there with her for the last time.
We left and walked to a toy store and I got her a new doll. We are not going to give it to her though until she leaves the orphanage. I don't think it is a good idea to have it in the chickenpox room. We walked home and had dinner, that brings us up to now. I took another sleeping pill, still afraid to take 2 of them, and I think I am going to go look for another book to read. I finished that cheesy Harlequin type thing before I went to bed last night.

Well, before I go I have to say we are a little worried about this chickenpox thing and how this will affect our flight. Whale has been vaccinated so I am not really worried about him. I had a very mild case as a child so I am not worried about myself. DH well, that is another story, his mother cannot recall if he had them or not, and to be fair, he did have 3 older siblings and so it probably was not a big issue if he did, you know the whole been there done that thing. So if he gets them that would be a bit of a problem and if T breaks out in the next couple of days will they let her on the plane? I mean can we walk around Kiev and it not be a problem? Will they interrogate us as we go to board the flight? Should we just put a hat, coat and scarf on her so they won't see them, LOL? I am a bit worried about that part. I just read that it can take 2-3 weeks to appear and then the blisters will appear the first couple of days and then 3-6 days later more can begin appearing. I am really worried about this now. It is very obvious she will get them since the poor child is trapped in a room with about 17 other kids and at least a couple of them have the blisters already. Any advice out there? No one here seems too concerned about it, but then they aren't planning on getting on a plane in 10 days either. I am off to read and worry some more.
I think I see spots on DH already. . . . however that could be the sleeping pill starting to take hold, :)
Goodnight.


1 Comments:

Blogger adoptedthree said...

Amy (sorry for the delay had a life this weekend so not on the computer as always)
The problem is if she develops them then when she gets to Kiev the doctor that gives her the physical will see them and note them and then the Embassy will review the medical. So check with the Embassy and see if chicken pox can cause delay for the visa. That is what I would do.

When we adopted V we too had to play in a hallway much like you were describing and it had no toys and we were not allowed to put him on the floor so all we could do was walk with him in our arms.

Post a Comment

<< Home