Click Here to get this from pYzam.com!
Thursday, October 05, 2006
Love Letters permanently etched
Good evening you crazy blogger groupies! LOL!!!
I am so happy to report that we have 5 days left before we come home. YAHOO!!!! On to the action of the day!
We got up, hummm, isn't that what we all do everyday? I think I will do away with that line from now on, how about that? The very first thing I do everyday before anything else is check email. So today I had a few and was very pleased. :) We had decided that we would go over to the market again and get whale another pair of these shoes like we bought yesterday in the next size up. $10 for a nice pair of leather shoes, we would be crazy not to, but they didn't have anymore, darn it. We looked everywhere, but we found a pair of nice leather black heels for me and they were only $20. The prices here are unbelievable. We also got some cheese, milk, toilet cleaner, paper towels, ground beef and some suckers for the kids. We came back to the apartment about 1:30 and I took a very very very short nap, like 15 minutes. We had spaghetti for luper (that is lunch and supper combined) about 3:30 and then M came by and gave an update about the judge. He gave her a copy of the court decree but would not give her the original with the stamp until tomorrow morning. She took it to the Vital statistics office and the lady read over it and said that she will do the birth certificate tomorrow morning. Luckily M told her about going to Donestk and offered this lady a ride. So we are taking the vital statistics woman to Donetsk with us, that should be fun. Whale in the back seat and the head official from the Vital Statistics in the car with us. This woman would be the equivalent to our County Clerk. She also said that her husband has a friend who has a friend who does tattoos and would I still be interested in one. I said yes. So we took off to the orphanage to see T. We had to be back here by 5:45 for M to pick us up.
T was quite the little poopy head today. She wanted nothing to do with me. WHEN she wanted something it was always DH she went to, which is fine, but it is so funny how the tide changes. She ran around and played, we had given her a sucker and she did not want to put that baby down period. Oh yeah, I took two little tiny baby hair clips with me and a comb. As soon as we went outside I took off her hat and put these little clips in. She liked those and she really did like me combing her hair. She looks so different with these little clips in. Her hair is so very very short so it is a stretch to get them in there, but by golly I will make it happen :O)
We took her back to her room and she could have caredless if we were there or not. She went running straight in to her caregivers and didn't even give us a second glance. It really kind of hurt our feelings. I guess though that after 3 years with them she would be a little more fond of them than some strange people who have visited her for 3 weeks.

We walked back to the apartment and went potty then we went down to the little coke Kiosk and got some coke. They actually had coke Light today, and we were happy campers. Just as we were paying M and V pulled up to get us for my tattoo. She took us to the courthouse and DH made a joke about getting a tattoo at the courthouse and she said "Well the prison is just behind it" isn't she the funny one :) We walked around looking for this place and we were suppose to be there at 6 pm. We finally found the place and he said the lady before us hadn't showed up yet. M suggested we wait since we had come out there and so we went to a park just down the road for Whale and V to play. They really had a wonderful time and I know he will be sad to leave her and most likely never see her again. It is a sad thing, sometimes you make friends and they come and go so fast. Anyway, I digress. We went back 45 minutes later and started looking for the type of letters I wanted. We couldn't really find any I was happy with, so I ask M how to write the letter T and Whales first name in Cursive Cyrillic letters and it was very pretty sooooo,
That is what I went with. In between the two letters are to connected hearts and around that whole thing is a large heart. So I have my two kids initials in my heart permanently etched into my foot. I tell you what, It freaking hurt. Not so much on most of it, but on the top of your foot you have NO fat to cushion between the needle and the bone, so needless to say that part made me cringe a little. DH was sitting kind of in front of me to my left and he would just laugh when that pain hit. Whale would come up to me and put his hand on my shoulder and say "It's ok baby, you will be alright" It was so cute. We came home and here I am typing my day to you all.
Tomorrow we have to be up and standing downstairs at 8:30 am. That will be kind of difficult for us since we very rarely ever get our showers before 10 or 10:30 am. We will go to Donetsk and M said that the last couple she took to get the passports paid $250. I don't think we paid that much last time, but I am not sure. Since it is now 9:16 pm I am going to sign off for the night and get ready to go to bed for that early morning tomorrow. Thanks everyone for your comments. I love reading those every day. Thanks Cara for the new blog I love reading blogs too! Brando thanks for speaking up and saying hi and thanks to you regulars you know who you are, L, Laurel and Amy. I will take a picture of my new tattoo when we get home and post it on the blog.

Good night!


7 Comments:

Blogger cara said...

It sounds as if things are finally starting to move along. It has been a year today since we left SD for Ukraine-how quickly time goes. I hope everything goes smoothly for the next five or so days. Your in our thoughts and prayers. Cara
p.s. Could you tell us exactly how to search for Matthew's siblings they way you did?

Blogger Amy said...

Cara,
I will definitely let you know how you can do it. Ours was not your typical sibling search (Ours was a God intervention) :0)
I will contact you when we get home and let you know who you can use. Our wonderful M and how to go about it. Thank you for the prayers and support.

Blogger Missy said...

So exciting that you are coming home so soon as a family of four! By the way, your blog has become the first one I read every night when I get home from work. Does that make me nuts that I am addicted to the blog of a stranger?? Well, I hope not! I am so happy for you all the same!

Blogger Kimbell and Mark said...

Wow - a tatto - you are really brave!!! I've been checking on you guys for a while - reliving our trip. Our first trip was around this time last year - BEAUTIFUL weather. We had to return in January for court and to pick up our daughter - NOT BEAUTIFUL weather. We've been home for almost 8 months and not a day goes by that I don't THANK GOD for our precious daughter. Hope you don't have to "thank" too many more people on your way out. It was crazy the way we had to pay people to get stuff in a timely manner - but it's all part of the Ukraine adoption adventure huh???? Enjoy your last few days!!!!
kim

Blogger adoptedthree said...

Okay just make me cry some more already! Talking about V and Whale and how they might not see each other again-- OH MY! Of course they will! You know you will have to return one day to show the kids their beginnings and then you will have to call M!

Now you make me miss M and V again-- WHAAAA

L-

Blogger Rich and Lisa W. said...

Hi Amy,

Just found your blog... you are on the home stretch!! I loved catching up with it, it is like reliving what we went through 8 mos ago. The 10 day wait got very monotenous... the same thing day after day but after spending so much time there and after coming home, we really learned to appreciate a lot of things. Enjoy your time left and take lots of photos. Atleast you get to take her outside... we were stuck in this little room day after day and couldn't take her anywhere. I can't wait to see more photos.

Lisa

P.S. You are VERY brave getting a tatoo over there. I don't think I could of ever done that but what a great memory!

Blogger The Fabulous Us ! said...

I so would have loved to have gotten a tattoo in Ukraine ! I am jealous :)

I posted a nice reply yesterday but the computer at work wouldnt let me sign on :(

Ok on to your next post (which hopefully wont be the last until you get home !)

Post a Comment

<< Home