Click Here to get this from pYzam.com!
Wednesday, October 04, 2006
Happy Birthday T!!
My baby girl turned 3 years old today!
I have other good news as well...... I slept with whale in M's bed and it was the best night's sleep since I have been here. I think that the bed was too small for all of us together. It really isn't much bigger than a full size bed and we were squished together. I am a happy camper now. So we got up and whale is sick, clogged nose and dry cough. Poor baby, I think he gave me his sore throat. It has been killing me all day. Anyone that has been to Ukraine knows how dirty things can be so around this town dust and dirt are everywhere. You walk dirt paths places and even the asphalt paths are filthy. Needless to say you track a lot in the house. You take your shoes off when you enter a home, but when windows are open or doors or anything dirt and dust blow in. So we decided we were going to really clean all of the floors since our feet are getting dirty everynight walking around. We swept everything really well and then mopped every room that has a moppable floor. We also found we are tracking in a lot of dirt when we hang clothes out on the line and we do that at least one or more times a day. So we moved everything off of one of the balconies and swept it off and then used buckets of water and scrubbed it clean. I think we have things cleaned up pretty nicely for a while until the wind blows again. :) We got ready and went to the outdoor market. We got the cups and they had little saucers with them. We also got the teapot, some tea, Whale a new pair of cute little shoes for $10, and we are going to go get another pair tomorrow to bring home to wear for church. I found some perfume I kind of like and it was only $4. I don't smell it on me now, but I guess for $4 what do I expect. LOL! We also got crackers, lollipops and balloons for T's birthday for her whole groupa. We came home and had lunch and waited on M to pick us up. She came and told us she had been to the vital statistics office. They are the people who will issue our birth certificate. She said that they are closed on Thursdays and the only person who can do the birth certificates will be out of town on a business trip on Friday. GRRRR! Well, guess what for a little extra donation she will come in on Thursday and do it for us after we pick up the court decree. We are only hoping the judge will not say no to letting us have it a day early. She evidently can also do something that we won't have to make a trip to the birth city of T. That would be great, that will save us about 2 or more hours on Friday. Anyway, we went and gave the gift to the caregivers and they seemed somewhat appreciative. We blew up the balloons for the kids in the playpen so they could play while we went outside with T. We gave them the crackers and lollipops. We took one out for T and we played outside. Well, guess who she wanted today, her dad! It was actually quite cute. DH took a cute picture of me, whale and T. Can't post it because we didn't bring our photo stuff, but trust me it is cute :) When we took T back to her groupa only one of the caregivers was one of them that was there when we took the gift up but there were two new ones there. They acted like we hadn't even entered the room. I am not sure why, but they were very indifferent to us. M couldn't believe it. She said "you just gave them a gift and they acted like that, it is very rude." We thought so too! I cannot wait to get my baby out of that place for good. SATURDAY, I cannot wait!!!!!!
M came and picked us up about 5:30 and we dropped DH, whale and V off at the apartment to play while M and I went to get pedicures. It took about an hour and 1/2 and while we were there they plucked her eyebrows, and dyed them. She is a real light natural blonde and she has to dye her eyebrows so you can see them. They also plucked mine and I wanted to treat her to something nice since she has done so much for us. I wish I could say it was a nice gift, but for heaven's sake it cost a total of $12 for both of the pedicures, both plucks and her dyed eyebrows! $12 for something that would have easily cost $90+ in the states. She is going to get me an appointment for highlights sometime tomorrow or Saturday. They should set me back a whole $10 or so. We came back to hell here in the apartment. Whale was really good while V was here, but he has turned into the devils spawn the last 30 minutes or so. I am tired myself and I really don't feel good. The sore throat is killing me, so I think I am off to bed for now. I will try to type more tomorrow.


5 Comments:

Blogger The Fabulous Us ! said...

Happy Birthday T !

Sounds like a great day all in all :) Nice for her to be coming around to her daddy...it took a while for our son as well to warm up to DH (my conclusion is becuz they hardly see men and those that they do see are in and out)

Anyways I think I am going to come and join you for all those girlie things for $12 ! WOW...

Feel better ! Eat lots of Salt & Vinegar chips (chewed well) it always helps me :)

Blogger Brando said...

I have been following you blog for a few weeks now. I am in such love with it. We travelled to Odessa in April of 2000 to adopt our son.

You have made me remember so many things from that time that I had forgotten. At that time we had to travel to Poland to finish the Exit Visa, but I remember how each person would "come in" for a little something something...

Hope that you have safe travels soon. I will keep reading!

Blogger Brando said...

BTW... Happy Birthday little one! I am so glad you mommy and daddy could be there for your special day!

Blogger adoptedthree said...

I KNEW it!! Did not I tell ya to get some of those highlights cheap.
How did ya like the pedicure? Worth it wasnt it? Y not get the manicure. A little frenchie manicure would be so cute. I never thought about the eyebrow pluck but M did get hers dyed when we were there too so I guess she was due a touchup. Dont forget to check about the facials and massages too. Cheap as well but they were booked when I was there. Might as well get the pampering while it is cheap! After two kids nothing will be cheap anymore!

Oh and Happy Birthday T. We cant wait to celebrate it with you next year!!

Blogger cara said...

I hope you are feeling better soon!
I found great blog to read if you run out of things to read http://rhondaandbrianwaiting.blogspot.com

Cara

Post a Comment

<< Home