Click Here to get this from pYzam.com!
Tuesday, October 03, 2006
Roschita, Train Tickets, park, T, Home
We were up at 6 am again, had some breakfast and then we called M around 10 am. She said we could go to the other orphanage in town for the next age level 5-7 year olds and take some pictures and letters for some of my adoption buds, we would go eat and she would drop us at the park. While we waited, we took showers and I called the US Embassy in Kiev and we have an out processing appointment at 9:30 am on Tuesday, WHOOO HOOO!!! One week!!!!
M picked us up and we went to Roschita Orphanage. The director is a wonderful, beautiful woman. She was so happy to get the pictures and letters. She got tears in her eyes when she saw the kids. She ask if we wanted to look around and we said yes. They have a very very beautiful orphanage. If I had to be in such a place and had no way out, this orphanage is the one I would want to be in. She showed us their bedroom, playroom and school room. They had a beautiful little Japanese garden in one corner of the room. When we were leaving all of the kids came rushing at me and they were happy to just be able to touch me. The all wanted to say hi and touch my hand, some hugged my leg. I could hardly contain my tears. These children were beautiful 5-6 year old kids and they need homes so badly and I would have gladly taken all of them if I was infinitely rich and had a huge home. We left there with Raisa, the director, thanking us so much for visiting and the pictures. Thanks Jane and Della for this opportunity!
We went to eat at our new favorite restaurant, Chumacks Way, and they didn't have regular borscht today, :( they had green borscht and I was not about to try that. M said she doesn't like it either. We had a nice lunch and then M took us to the bank to change some money for the train Tickets. Which by the way, she was able to get for a little extra somethin' somthin', how ridiculous is that. She said had she not offered the lady could have told her no tickets and we would have been stuck. I tell you this is ridiculous. So our train tickets were $120 for 5 of us, grrrr!
After we got to the park we walked down to where they have the rides and the bouncy things that whale loves to jump in only to find out that they were not even blown up for the day time. Whale had some Cotton Candy, Plain sugar cotton candy, no flavor, I have never in my life had that. I know why though, it just wasn't really very good. Whale liked it enough though. He played on the slide and merry go round and then we left to walk to the orphanage. We stopped at the toy store since they carry baby things in the toy stores. I got T a new brush and comb and a new cup to drink from. We then walked to the orphanage. She was so happy to see us today. She was really really good with DH today. She even walked over to him to pick her up. Whale was a little rough with her today, I think that he thinks she is his size and likes to be pushed around. Poor baby, he doesn't understand that just because he wants hugs and to hold her hand, that she may not necessarily want to, but he just keeps on trying while she is trying to run away from him. LOL! Two beautiful words were uttered from her mouth today along with numerous screams thanks to the cats and dogs around the orphanage. Are you ready???? She was running down the side walk and looking up at the orphanage windows and said "Mama, mama" and pointed up at the windows. Then she looked at DH and said "Papa" and pointed too! She knows who we are, Life is so good. The only problem is that another kid in her groupa broke out with the spots today. I know it is only a matter of days before she gets these stupid chickenpox. We had to take her back to her groupa and she didn't want us to leave. I know they were getting the kids ready for dinner, and one of the caregivers immediately started taking her jacket, shoes and clothes off for Dinner, but she wanted to run back to us for hugs and kisses. I am so happy, she is starting to like us!!!
We were walking back to the apartment and I was so so so depressed. I am absolutely, positively, ridiculously sick and tired of cooking at least 2 times a day if not 3. I WILL NOT cook for at least one full week after we get home, so family you need to start making plans to feed us for several days. I won't cook! Whale decided he wanted grilled cheese, AMEN, that is easy to cook, but we didn't have any bread. Well, just so happens on our way to the apartment there are 3 or 4 little kiosk type things and 2 of them are fresh bread kiosks. We stopped and got a fresh baked load of country type French bread for a whopping $.30. It was sooooooo yummy!
DH, Whale and I all three look like we have chickenpox. It is ridiculous the amount of mosquito bites we have. We haven't even had the windows open at night for about a week. Whale and DH look like they have Huge welts where these things are feeding on them. M said that she just figures they like the imported blood better than domestic. LOL!!!
Tomorrow is T's birthday and we are planning on taking some balloons, cookies, bananas, and juice to all of the kids in her groupa. I had a really really wonderful idea for a gift for her caregivers, I think so anyway. Well, just ask me most every idea I have ever had is really good. Ask me I will tell you. Ok here is the idea. . . . .
After every meal most people will drink hot tea and they have these really cute little teapots with a mesh insert for the tea leaves. SOOOO, I thought I would get these ladies a teapot for the room and some cute little mugs to drink it from, and a nice assortment of teas to drink. I am a cheapskate and I am only going to give them $5 each. I know that most people give them $10 or so, but we are very close to running out of money so I am only doing $5 and the teapot, mugs and teas. I am getting the kids in the groupa a set of legos or blocks to play with and some crackers and cookies. I am also going to give the caregivers a cake. I will probably do all of that on Saturday when we pick T up for the last time.
I think we are going to run over to the outdoor market tomorrow morning and get the mugs and teapot and teas. I also saw a booth that sold hair things, so I will get some ponies and clips for T's hair. I just thought today about listening to my radio station from home through the streaming audio. I am so dumb, I don't know why I didn't think of that before. Anyway, the morning show I listen to comes on at 6 am and that is 1 pm here so I want to listen to them tomorrow before we go to the orphanage for the birthday party. We are going to leave a little early tomorrow from our visit. Why you may ask? Well M was finally able to get us both appointments for pedicures at the same time. I am so looking forward to this. I need this so bad, my feet are horrible and quite frankly, they hurt. We walked a lot today and I wish I could quit eating all of this yummy food so I could actually lose weight. So we will do the pedi's tomorrow. Thursday I am not sure what is planned, but I do know the big day is Friday. We are going to do the paperwork to declare us T's parents. Friday will be a very busy day.
I guess I am going to close for tonight. I am going to attempt another night of sleep, but after 4 weeks of practice you would think I would have this down by now. No more sleeping pills though. I don't think they are working.
Bye!


2 Comments:

Blogger adoptedthree said...

I Love the part about Mama Mama and Papa! Priceless :)

Sit back and relax during the pedicure and I am serious get those nails done too for $2.00!!!

Blogger Amy said...

waitingonmyua2,
I knew what you meant and I was not upset. I thought it was funny you thought that. I am trying to put as much detail in these blogs as I can, because believe me you will end up forgetting it. I tried journaling during our first adoption and I didn't put enough detail to remember everything very well. If you are going to blog while in Ukraine, just put down everything so you will not forget it in 10 years.
Amy

Post a Comment

<< Home