Click Here to get this from pYzam.com!
Monday, October 09, 2006
Sorry, I haven't posted, In Kiev now...
Hello everyone, I am sorry I have been unable to post. The cable went out in M's apartment on Friday night and we haven't been able to get to a computer until today.
I am in an internet cafe in Kiev and I only have about 20 minutes left of my time, so I have to make it quick and very undetailed.
We went to pick up T on Saturday around noon and took the cake and things for the kids. The caregivers were very sad to see her go. I started crying when the caregiver they call mama started taking her over to her friends in the play area and told her to say bye to them. It broke my heart. We took her back to the apartment and we fed her a little and then took a nap. She woke up after a very long nap and enjoyed Russian Nickelodeon a lot. She ate like a little pig. She only weighs 20 pounds and she just turned 3. I think that is too small, but she is a little spitfire, that is for sure. She is not yet really liking Whale trying to hug and love on her, but bless his little heart he wants to so bad. She went to sleep Saturday night about 9:30 and slept until after 8 am Sunday.We got her up and gave her her first bath, which she loved, and then we started doing a ton of laundry, bedsheets and such. We walked over to the outdoor market to get her some undershirts and whale and my friends kids some Soccer Jerseys. Went back to the apartment for Lunch and a nap. She ate 2 and 1/2 hotdogs, 1/2 of an apple and a cup of yogurt. She was a very hungry little girl. We got up and M came and took us to get dinner and she packed her stuff at the apartment while we had dinner alone. We met up with her and went to the train station. The train came about 8:30 pm we got the kids and a TON of luggage on and put the kids to bed. Whale played his v-smile until he went to sleep, but T didn't want to sleep. She was easily awake until after 11pm. We had to wake her this morning about 7:15 to get off the train at 8 am. We got McDonalds after we got off the train, she likes cheeseburgers, chicken Mcnuggets and french fries. She just tried parts of all of them. We got a taxi to take us to the Medical Clinic for her outprocessing medical exam. Guess What? We were the first adoption through since the shutdown!!! All children leaving Ukraine have to go through this International Medical clinic and we were the first. They were thrilled to see us and trust me we were thrilled to be there. I don't have much time left so I am improvising here.....

DH is outside with two very very active kids and I have no money to extend my time in here, so here goes. We are staying in the same area we did when we arrived. It is a different apartment but next to the first. We still have a close internet, market and department store. We are going to leave here and go to the big department store and then stop at the market and buy breakfast for tomorrow and Wednesday, but we will have to be up at 3 am on Wednesday, we have to be at the airport by 4:30 am. Tomorrow we will go to the US embassy and then pick up the visa tomorrow afternoon, barring any problems. Please pray we have no problems because we already booked our return tickets. We had to according to the KLM guy. Anyway, we will hit the hay early tomorrow night and up before the buttcrack of dawn and to the airport alone. M is going to stay in our apartment to return the key. She really doesn't need to go and see us off, after we check in we would leave her alone anyway. So we will head home. Our flight arrives at 4:24 pm on Wednesday afternoon. Email if you need more details than that. So I am going to get going for now and I am sorry I could not post more details, but in my spare no details fashion. T did have her first poop for us today. My entire family will appreciate this, but it was not diarrhea, YAY!!!!! We battled that with whale for over a year. Ok, less than five mintues so I am not spell checking this entry. We cannot wait to get home. We miss everyone, and my goodness, glad we didn't hear the COLTS this week it was another close one huh?
Bye! I will post again tomorrow.


4 Comments:

Blogger cara said...

I am so happy for you guys. I have prayed that T would sleep and eat for you and it sounds like she is. Matthew was exactly like T. He weighed 20 pounds at 2 yrs and ate everything. He finally slowed down a tiny bit, but he still only weighs 24 pounds. But he is still a live wire. Good luck at the embassy and on your trip home. Cara

Blogger Amy said...

Yeah yeah yeah!!!!!!!!
So very happy for your new family!
You've done a grat job keeping everyone in the loop!
I can't wait to see the first family photo!

Congrats!!!

Amy

Blogger The Fabulous Us ! said...

Wow you should be leaving Ukraine today .. ok scratch that you ARE leaving today on your way home to start your new life...I am so excited to finally be able to see a Family pic !

Have a safe and very uneventful journey home :)

Amy

ps...how many Amy's are we ?? LOL

Blogger adoptedthree said...

Love the part about two active kids being watched while you were blogging. Welcome to the life of siblings :)

One more day....!

PS glad you were able to find the jersies.

Post a Comment

<< Home