Well, to make a long story short due to time, boy have we gotten ourselves two very very active kids. We thought whale was an energetic 5 year old, hahaha, T has got him matched. Her only problem is when she gets tired and ready for bed, she just stops and starts rocking. That rocking business makes me very sad, but she will get real mommy and daddy arms to rock her now and she won't have to do it herself. Ok first off, I got kicked off of here yesterday just after I finished my post, boy they say and hour and they mean it. When I got outside to the playground DH was busy chatting with some guy and obviously he doesn't speak Russian so my curiousity was peaked :) I got over there and heard real true live english. The guy was very nice and he and his wife, 2 yr old daughter and 3 month old son got to Ukraine 4 days before we did. He works at the US Embassy and has just started his two year tour here. While we were talking he pulled out his phone and called his wife. He stepped away for a second and came back and invited us to dinner. We told him sure. We ran to the market and to a mall that is very close to here. We found the kids store at the mall and I fell in love with this cute dress for T. I looked at the price and it was 100,80 gr. So roughly $20 i was not about to pass that up. We looked around a bit more and walked up to pay. I pulled out exactly 100,80 hryvna and then the clerk pulled the tag out of the jumper, WHAT??? these dresses were all displayed with the dress and the shirt together, where did that price tag come from? ??? ? Well, guess what, I was not about to put it back I was utterly embarrassed and I paid an additional 167 Hryvna for the jumper. This is the most expensive article of clothing anyone in our family owns and that is no joke. If Kohls, Target or Walmart don't carry things on the sales racks we don't buy them. So guess what, she is coming home from the airport in it, going to church on Sunday in it, Visiting family in it, she is sleeping in it and just might wear it to the park. This dress will get it's $60 worth of wear believe me. So anyway, we went to the market and then went to this family's apartment. It was absolutely beautiful. Our US government spares no expense, actually I shouldn't say that, it is a regulation that embassy employees have what is standard in the US so it was a very nice apartment, but according to Ukrainian standards. I mean I would have gladly lived there myself, but these were the nicest people. Friendly, caring, and just plain nice. They made us a homemade meal with yeast rolls, and the kids played and had a blast. whale was the oldest and he of course thought that was so cool. We walked home about 8:30 and then went to bed. Well, I thought i would sleep with Whale in the bedroom and DH and T would sleep on the pull out couch. I took a nap that afternoon with T on the couch and thought it was awesome. So anyway we went to bed and after a while both kids finally fell asleep and DH got up to take out his contacts. I ask him "I thought you said this bed was comfortable?" he said "Well, I thought it was" I said "I hate it, it is too hard" and just at that moment the bed decided to break. Not kidding, whale was on the outside and my end hit the floor. He woke up and rolled over on my and we were laying in a hole between the side board of the bed and the mattress. DH and I were laughing so hard we about peed our pants. Well, guess what at 11:20 we were all lined up side ways on the couch with DH and my legs hanging off. Needless to say, i think I slept a total of 2 hours. That is not a joke. We got up this morning and went to the Embassy and let me tell you, I have never seen more bold Ukrainian women than ones that are marrying ugly old men to get their sorry butts to the states. We had an appointment and we were in line trying to tell them this and this one woman tells her not kidding, bald headed, gray mustached, 80's wrangler wearing husband to be, get up there you were here before they were. I looked at her and went around the corner to the next booth and was helped first anyway. Yes that is not a very nice nor a very Christian attitude, but I was at my limit. So we got processed and then the adoption lady said we were missing the medical form. Uh oh, i know M had it, I was with her when she got it. I went back outside, through security, got the cell phone back and called her and ask her about it. these are her exact words " OH SH** it is here i my folder" hahaha, she said she was a 10 minute walk away and she brought it to me. I ran back in and we process in just about 40 minutes and when we were leaving the consulate guy told T "Paka T" and she would not look at him, but then as we were walking away she turned around and said "bye bye" it was cute. Oh and his Twin sister is from Carmel, Indiana very close to our home. We met M and we went to turn in the court decree and birth certificate for an apostille and pay for the UPS to our home. Then we went to eat at TGI Fridays, YUMMY!!! I miss home. T was awesome, Whale pushed every button he could, T screamed at cats, dogs, birds, everything. I was about to kill myself and so I had a margarita, yum. I should have had 10 of them. Anyway, we went to the souviner street by St. Michaels and bought Matroyshka dolls and embroidery for Whale and T to have at their wedding some day. We took a taxi back to our apartment while M turned our court decree in at the SDA. DH took a taxi back to the embassy to pick up T's visa and he came back to the apartment and we walked down here. He has the kids at the park again, it is dark out, but we are going to walk to a restaurant across the street from the apartment and get our last Ukrainian meal. M is leaving on the overnight train tonight. She is sending a friend of hers to pick us up at 4 am and he will take us to the check in desk and help with our luggage. THANK GOD !!!! We so need help with that. Anyway, my time is ticking away quickly here, so no spell check tonight. Sorry everyone about these short posts. oh yes, to all of the adoptive people , the embassy did not ask for any proof of income. I would still bring it just in case, but they didn't ask. Also, she said we were the first adoption through the embassy since the suspension. there was another couple there after us, but we didn't see them. How is it we know that you ask, or maybe you don't care, but I am telling you anyway.....
When M met us after our appointment she was walking from a cafe with a lady. I didn't know she was going to meet anyone but as they got closer I recognized her. It was Tanya, she was our facilitator when we adopted Whale. I could not believe it. She was amazed at the change in him. It was so nice to see her again. I gave her a hug and thanked her for whale. Anyway, it was her couple that was there after us and they were from Michigan, but i didn't recognize the name from any of our adoption groups. Oh well, goodnight and please pray for safe travel, this will prove to be interesting since T is just as active as whale and is absolutely petrified of the puppets from Baby Einstein. That is one of the movies offered on the KLM flight. I thought she would love it, but i can hear the shrieks now, oh fun times are a comin'........
Bye for now.
When M met us after our appointment she was walking from a cafe with a lady. I didn't know she was going to meet anyone but as they got closer I recognized her. It was Tanya, she was our facilitator when we adopted Whale. I could not believe it. She was amazed at the change in him. It was so nice to see her again. I gave her a hug and thanked her for whale. Anyway, it was her couple that was there after us and they were from Michigan, but i didn't recognize the name from any of our adoption groups. Oh well, goodnight and please pray for safe travel, this will prove to be interesting since T is just as active as whale and is absolutely petrified of the puppets from Baby Einstein. That is one of the movies offered on the KLM flight. I thought she would love it, but i can hear the shrieks now, oh fun times are a comin'........
Bye for now.

3 Comments:
When you read this you will be home! How cool is that!
Congratulations and welcome back!
Love
Leanna and the family
YEAH Amy!
Please please please POST some photos!
You are almost there!
Amy
Welcome home!! Congratulations on your successful adoption! And, for being the first ones through the new process. I am a waiting mom-to-be, desparately hoping for a November or December appointment. I can't tell you how grateful I am for your extremely informative and entertaining blog! I truly looked forward to reading it everyday!
I can't wait to hear about the plane ride home!
God bless you and your family!
Post a Comment
<< Home