For a lack of a better word, the flight was Vexatious. Courtesy of www.dictionary.com
vex‧a‧tious /vek-sey-shus/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[vek-sey-shuhs] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation –adjective
1.causing vexation; troublesome; annoying: a vexatious situation.
2.Law. (of legal actions) instituted without sufficient grounds and serving only to cause annoyance to the defendant.
3. disorderly; confused; troubled.
Starting at the beginning. I left the Internet cafe and met DH, T and whale in the parking lot. We walked down to the restaurant by our apartment. We were seated and got the menu (English) we started going through it and the prices were UNBELIEVABLE!! A bowl of soup was more than $5. There was a meat dish with veal and it alone was 175 hryvna, $35 for one piece of meat and nothing else, no way. We blamed the fact that the kids were acting up and we left. We went to the market and I made spaghetti, yes, again! M called and said she was 10 minutes away. We ask if she had eaten and she said she wasn't going to eat since lunch made her so full. But I made her eat, she is having a baby and was going on the train, so Mama Amy took care of her. She gave us the information about her friend taking us to the airport (which in fact was only 8 hours away, so I can't say the next morning) and kissed whale bye, we got hugs and she left, it was sad. Anyway, I laid down with T about 9:45 or so but didn't go to sleep until after 10:30 and slept until 1:45. I was afraid to lay back down in case we didn't wake up in time to get to the airport. We had all of the luggage ready and the driver showed up at 4 am to take us to the airport. The kids were amazingly well behaved for waking up so early in the morning. When they say to be at the airport 2 hours early, they mean not one minute before that. They won't even let you go check in at the ticket counters until the exact 2 hour mark. So we all rushed through one tiny gate to get checked in. The ticket lady was not able to print boarding passes for T for either connecting flights, first problem of the day and it so unfortunately did not end there. We went upstairs to the departing flight terminal and for any of you who have been through Kiev airport, you know you have to go through another passport control check before entering the terminal area. So we gave him our passports and T's passport. He ask for our court decree and I happily handed to him expecting to be right on our way, just like when we adopted whale. Guess not, he studied it for a minute or two and then said "Wait here, 5 minutes please" Ok, we waited and waited and finally and am not exaggerating when I say this, 25 mintues later he comes back after having first consulted his boss, and his bosses boss and someone in some office and then another office with a police looking guy he came back and stamped them passports and said thank you, ummmmm hello, no explaination???? I ask if there was a problem and he said "No" ok, thank you mr. nice Ukrainian guy for that very helpful explaination. We took our stuff and went through the actual security check and then we waited. We let the kids run a little in the terminal to run off some of their energy since the flight to Amsterdam was 3 hours. We got on board and they were actually really pretty good kids, and I mean both of them. I have to say other than whale wanting to go to the bathroom 4 times in 3 hours it was ok. Neither child ate anything they served for breakfast. Some sort of a grayish egg roll thing, fruit cocktail, and a roll of some sort. So we got to Amsterdam and had to get to the first KLM counter we could find so we could get T's boarding pass for that connection and the detroit connection. That part was pretty easy. We were all hungry, we thought we had a little over an hour and we found a monitor and saw our flight was boarding at gate A57, well we were at like gate E or F or something like that, so we were off, dragging one kid and pushing the other in a stroller. We were practically knocking down the old and the slow. Needless to say we did not eat. They so very kindly let us go past everyone else as we had a stroller and two small children. Ok, I am closing this post and continuing on a new post. . .
vex‧a‧tious /vek-sey-shus/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[vek-sey-shuhs] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation –adjective
1.causing vexation; troublesome; annoying: a vexatious situation.
2.Law. (of legal actions) instituted without sufficient grounds and serving only to cause annoyance to the defendant.
3. disorderly; confused; troubled.
Starting at the beginning. I left the Internet cafe and met DH, T and whale in the parking lot. We walked down to the restaurant by our apartment. We were seated and got the menu (English) we started going through it and the prices were UNBELIEVABLE!! A bowl of soup was more than $5. There was a meat dish with veal and it alone was 175 hryvna, $35 for one piece of meat and nothing else, no way. We blamed the fact that the kids were acting up and we left. We went to the market and I made spaghetti, yes, again! M called and said she was 10 minutes away. We ask if she had eaten and she said she wasn't going to eat since lunch made her so full. But I made her eat, she is having a baby and was going on the train, so Mama Amy took care of her. She gave us the information about her friend taking us to the airport (which in fact was only 8 hours away, so I can't say the next morning) and kissed whale bye, we got hugs and she left, it was sad. Anyway, I laid down with T about 9:45 or so but didn't go to sleep until after 10:30 and slept until 1:45. I was afraid to lay back down in case we didn't wake up in time to get to the airport. We had all of the luggage ready and the driver showed up at 4 am to take us to the airport. The kids were amazingly well behaved for waking up so early in the morning. When they say to be at the airport 2 hours early, they mean not one minute before that. They won't even let you go check in at the ticket counters until the exact 2 hour mark. So we all rushed through one tiny gate to get checked in. The ticket lady was not able to print boarding passes for T for either connecting flights, first problem of the day and it so unfortunately did not end there. We went upstairs to the departing flight terminal and for any of you who have been through Kiev airport, you know you have to go through another passport control check before entering the terminal area. So we gave him our passports and T's passport. He ask for our court decree and I happily handed to him expecting to be right on our way, just like when we adopted whale. Guess not, he studied it for a minute or two and then said "Wait here, 5 minutes please" Ok, we waited and waited and finally and am not exaggerating when I say this, 25 mintues later he comes back after having first consulted his boss, and his bosses boss and someone in some office and then another office with a police looking guy he came back and stamped them passports and said thank you, ummmmm hello, no explaination???? I ask if there was a problem and he said "No" ok, thank you mr. nice Ukrainian guy for that very helpful explaination. We took our stuff and went through the actual security check and then we waited. We let the kids run a little in the terminal to run off some of their energy since the flight to Amsterdam was 3 hours. We got on board and they were actually really pretty good kids, and I mean both of them. I have to say other than whale wanting to go to the bathroom 4 times in 3 hours it was ok. Neither child ate anything they served for breakfast. Some sort of a grayish egg roll thing, fruit cocktail, and a roll of some sort. So we got to Amsterdam and had to get to the first KLM counter we could find so we could get T's boarding pass for that connection and the detroit connection. That part was pretty easy. We were all hungry, we thought we had a little over an hour and we found a monitor and saw our flight was boarding at gate A57, well we were at like gate E or F or something like that, so we were off, dragging one kid and pushing the other in a stroller. We were practically knocking down the old and the slow. Needless to say we did not eat. They so very kindly let us go past everyone else as we had a stroller and two small children. Ok, I am closing this post and continuing on a new post. . .

3 Comments:
what kind of tease was that???
And dont make me cry next time about saying goodbye to my beloved M ((tears here))
Where's the rest of the story, It's killing me to wait. We had the exact same experience at the passport check also. We stood there for ever(with a screaming two yr old) waiting for the guy to come back with the passport. Hope everything is going well at home. Cara
Hey ! Where did you disappear to ? I have been checking and checking everyday to hear the rest :)
I will keep checking !
Amy
Post a Comment
<< Home