Click Here to get this from pYzam.com!
Monday, March 26, 2007
We are all still here....




Hey anyone still looking, we are still alive here. If only barely, LOL! It is very stressful having a child that cries and screams all the time when she doesn't get her way, and the other one being so jealous he can hardly see straight. If T has something and is playing well with it, then L (Initial now for Whale, he is over Whales now) thinks he needs it so he just goes over and takes it away from her. She then starts crying (rightly so) and then starts hitting or kicking him. LORDY!!! They fight a lot, but then they will want to go play together after I separate them and send them each to their own rooms. I think the most time they have spent together without either fighting or beating each other up is about 1/2 hour. Needless to say, we are constant referees.

It was a beautiful weekend here and we took advantage of it and started cleaning out the garage. It was a cluttered mess. We started out really well and I was cleaning off some of the shelves. There was a piece of rolled up carpet pad that we were saving to possibly use later and I picked it up to carry to the trash and well, I almost had a heart attack as a tiny little mouse jumped out of the middle of it and ran across the floor to the corner I had not started cleaning yet. I, from then on out became quite the supervisor and less of a worker, LOL!!! Even with the mouse, we managed to get quite a lot accomplished. We are going to finish out the garage so we can hang shelves and such. It is a big job, but it is cheaper than buying a new shed.


DH and I went to a dinner ALONE on Saturday night. That was the first in 4 years!!!! We just always saw no reason not to take L with us, but with two wild children we needed a quiet peaceful dinner. It was really nice. We had never been to the Cheesecake Factory, so we split and entree and each had a wonderful dessert. It was good, but too expensive for my taste. I would have rather spent the same money and each of us had our own dinners (steak) and no dessert. It was a good change though. We missed the movie time by about 10 minutes so we went and walked around the expensive mall "The Fashion Mall" and admired what it is that the rich people spend their money on. Quite honestly, I saw nothing there that I couldn't find at Target and cheaper. Can you tell, I am a real cheapskate now that we have 2 kids, hahaha!


Oh yeah, before I forget. L was evaluated for his IEP and we got very very good news. They were very positive about his progress and his growth. About year and a half or two years ago he started Occupational Therapy and tested between 24- 29 months at about 4 years old. He was evaluated again 2 weeks ago and he tested at 6.9 years old and he is only 5.5 years old. HUGE improvement. He is also excelling in his speech and rhyming skills. I am so proud of him. We sent in T's paperwork last week to get her evaluated. Hopefully she will qualify for the program. I think she is very very smart, but still delayed. She throws tantrums like a 2 year old and I really think most of her social and behavioral skills are that of a 2 year old rather than a 3 and 1/2 year old. We shall see what happens.

That is all for now, enjoy the new pictures we took tonight.

Amy


4 Comments:

Blogger Missy said...

So glad to see your family is still alive! :) Thanks for sharing your family!

Blogger adoptedthree said...

Gosh Ames about time! Okay so we when is the next birthday party so we can get over to Indy?

Love the pics and miss you!

Blogger Terri said...

Hey Amy,
Thats great on the testings. We have Anna in the First step. She is behind too. She is 2 1/2 and small for her age. I will try and email you this week. I will tell ya more about my son in the email later. I have been trying to keep up with all of the blogs To see how everyone is doing. Also I added Anna's pictures on the blog too. I will add more later on.
Take care. And have a great week.

Blogger Amy said...

Hey Amy!
Great update! Little T is getting bigger! Enjoy those nights out! We NEED one! Maybe in a month we'll get one! hehe! You are blessed with two little angels!
Happy Easter!

Amy

Post a Comment

<< Home