Click Here to get this from pYzam.com!
Thursday, December 07, 2006
Picture and Third Day
Hey everyone! I wanted to post the words to a Third Day song my sister called me about today. She ask if I had the new Christmas Offerings CD and most unfortunately, I do not! She told me I had to absolutely read the lyrics to this song called "Merry Christmas" and hear it. So I found the lyrics and had to share with you all. They are very very touching. The only part I kind of disagree with is the part about "crying for momma's arms" unless a child has been in a family environment before they would not really know a mothers arms. I hope you know what I mean, I am not trying to be harsh, but take T for instance. She had been in the orphanage since birth and she had NO idea what a mother was. She still calls a lot of women "mama" So unless the child is older or has been taken from their parents, I kind of disagree with that part, but it does make a nice phrase for this sad/happy song.

Anyway, here they are and below that is a new picture and a quick story of tonight since it is now 11pm.


Merry Christmas


There's a little girl trembling on a cold December morn

Crying for momma's arms

At an orphanage just outside a little China town

There the forgotten are

But half a world away I hang the stockings by the fire

And dream about the day when I can finally call you mine

It's Christmas time again but you're not home

Your family is here and yet you're somewhere else alone

And so tonight I pray that God will come and hold you in his arms

And tell you from my heart I wish you Merry Christmas

As I hang the tinsel on the tree and watch the twinkling lights

I'm warmed by the fire's glow

Outside the children tumble in a wonderland of white,

Make angels in the snow

But half a world away you try your best to fight the tears

And hope that heaven's angels come to carry you here

It's Christmas time again but you're not home

Your family is here and yet you're somewhere else alone

And so tonight I pray that God will come and hold you in his arms

And tell you from my heart I wish you Merry Christmas

Christmas is a time to celebrate the holy child

and we celebrate his perfect gift of love

He came to earth to give his life

and prepare a place for us

so we could have a home with him above

It's Christmas time again and now you're home

Your family is here so you will never be alone

So tonight before you go to sleep, I'll hold you in my arms

And I'll tell you from my heart, and I'll you from my heart

I wish you Merry Christmas



OK, really quick since it is now 11:03 and hot John Stamos just went off of ER and I missed the whole show :(

The other night Whale was helping me with the dishes and I took his picture. It was really a way for me to keep him busy while I tried to cook dinner, I am not above using his love of water to help me do one of the most hated household chores there is for me. ;)

Also tonight we had spaghetti, do you think T is loving it or what? She was a disaster and went straight to the bathtub after this picture.

Quick story, I came home from work today and let me tell you both of these children were riled up beyond all imagination. They were running around and pushing baby strollers, etc. I told them so many times to quit running and to quit slamming doors. They would slam them every time they would enter or exit a room, any room! They just kept right on doing it like I had not even spoken and it was making me crazier than I already am. So I really got crazy! They were still running and the next thing I know Whale is asking me "mommy what are you doing? what is that banging?" I told him that I had ask them 5 or 6 times to quit slamming doors and they didn't listen to me so I was taking their doors away. He thought I had completely lost my mind. Maybe I have, but I cannot take slamming doors all evening long. I got the screwdriver and hammer and took the pins out of the hinges and took their doors off their rooms. Whale looked at me like I had 3 heads, LOL! He did whine a little about not being able to keep the cat in his room without the door on. I told him that he needs to quit slamming them then. I truly thing it is T instead of him so much. Anyway, I put them back on before they went to bed so I could stay out here on the computer without disturbing them. Guess what though, after the bath I had the doors back on and not one door was slammed or even shut for that matter before they hit the hay! Effective? who knows, but maybe tomorrow they will not slam doors when I ask them not to. Well, I am exhausted, so I will say Good night from the Loony bin!



2 Comments:

Blogger adoptedthree said...

LOL Amy
You are sooo funny!

Love the obligatory spaghetti picture of T- every child needs one!

Blogger tom said...

You would not believe the number of times we've taken Maggie straight out of her chair after dinner and put her in the bath (or shaken her outside on the grass!). She thinks that's the funniest thing.

I heard Dr Laura on the radio years ago recommending you take the doors off if kids keep slamming them. I've been waiting for the opportunity, I'm almost jealous you beat me to it!!!!

Jane

Post a Comment

<< Home