
Well hello everyone. I just want to say Hi and Happy Saturday. We had our 16th Anniversary yesterday, but it was absolutely nothing spectacular. We got up and went to Kokomo around 10:30 a.m. . I went to the grocery store and got what I needed to make Fried Cube steak, Mashed Potatoes and corn for lunch for my family and DH's father. His mother is still in the hospital, so if you are the praying type please lift her up in prayer for healing and renewed health. I cooked lunch and then cleaned up, watched a little TV and DH took the kids and his father outside. The kids rode bikes in the driveway and after about 20 minutes T had about enough and was getting whiny. I took her in and we took about a 45 minute nap. We hung out there until about 6:30 pm or so. We ran into the hospital to see DH's mom and she was pretty out of it. I am wasn't even sure she would remember us being there. We got home around 8 pm and I started watching "Freaky Friday" on Disney and DH made some quick dinner for the kids. We put them to bed around 9:30 or so, but at 11 pm Whale was still running to the bathroom. I think he finally fell asleep around 11:20 or so. T was still awake at 11 pm playing in her bed. I would take the toy away and when I came back she had it back in her bed. So DH fell asleep about 11pm or so and I stayed up until "What not to Wear" was almost over. I think it was almost 1 am. It was storming too, so that was even better. I was constantly worried the kids would wake up afraid.
So welcome to today. Whale woke up at 8 am or so and T didn't get up until 9:20 am. We got ready again and went to Kokomo. I got an Energy drink today to help get me through without falling asleep. We got lunch at Rally's and took it to DH's dad. We fought for almost an hour with Whale to eat 1/2 of a sandwich. Finally he got done and we were leaving 10 minutes later than we should have and DH's brother and his family came to check on his dad. So we talked to them a few minutes, ran to the hospital to take a few things to his mom and then took off for the party. My sister had it at her church. Their church built a building for the older youth and kids. It is called God's Backyard. Evidently when the local play room for the chain "Discovery Zone" closed, my sisters church bought the equipment and had it in storage. Then, a couple of years ago they put it in this building when they built it for the youth. It was a really cool place and the kids loved it. When the party was over, my kids and DH and I, both of my sisters families and my mom and step dad stayed and ordered pizza. The kids played their little hearts out. I wish I had taken my camera, but I didn't, sorry. T finally got to where she enjoyed it. She liked the bouncy thing in the middle, the thing like a trampoline. I got my niece the "Hannah Montana" CD and the new DVD. She was playing the CD and we T was just dancing and having a wonderful time. I was so happy to see them all having fun. We all wore our COLTS Gear and I had DH take a picture of me and the Kids which I am posting for your pleasure, LOL!!! Heck I don't even know if anyone is even reading this still. I don't have really anything exciting or interesting to say.
OH yes I do, I forgot. I got T's blood work and stool results back and she does not have anything at all wrong. She didn't even have Giardia, I think that is EXTREMELY unusual for a child from Ukraine. Who knows, but it is nice that everything came back normal. They even did a TB Test on her and the paperwork showed she had the BCG vaccine and she didn't even have a reaction from the TB test. I just wonder how watered down these vaccines are that these kids are getting over there. She didn't show signs of any of them. We started all of them over again.
OK, I have to go get these kiddos in bed. We are going to try to make it to early service tomorrow at church, but I am not counting on it happening. It is so much harder getting 2 kids ready instead of just one now. Please comment and let me know if anyone besides L is reading this. I will still post regardless, just curious though. GO COLTS, GO COLTS, GO COLTS!!!!!

6 Comments:
Hello Amy,
I have tried to keep up to see how T was doing after coming home. If you find out get two ready for church in the morning let me know too. We will be in the same boat also after Jan when we get back. With our 4 year old. We will be here for his birthday day when he turns 4 on Nov 18th. But not for Christmas. He will be staying with my sister when we go to Ukraine.
I am glad that T Work and every thing turned out great for you. We will be praying for your family.
I will let you go for now. I will email later.
Terri
I am still following your family journey. Not sure if it matters since you don't know me. But I have enjoyed none-the-less. Thank you for sharing your family with us!
Hi Amy
I'm surprised about the vaccines. Maggie and Daniel both tested as being completely up to date on all their vaccines, so they did not need to start all over again. They both had the BCG vaccine and tested negative for TB skin test, but apparently it is transient if small children are vaccinated, so it's not that surprising. In England, we're given the vaccine when we are 11 to avoid that. Neither of ours had giardia either!!!
Jane
p.s. Did you ever buy anything for Daniel's group when you were at Roschitsa? Did they remember him?
You know I am still here. Happy Anniversary L and I will be having our 16 year anniversary in December (see how similiar we really are:)
Go Bengals- Oh never mind, they dont want to listen me. They get a raspberry for blowing a 21 point lead!
Happy belated Anniversary! And yes I am still following--I check several times a week to see how the kiddies and you are doing. Matthew was very emotional and had a lot of fits last year when we first got home also-actually it lasted several months. When things calm down, could you fill me in on how you found T. Cara
Amy,
I'm still following too! Keep posting-
Lisa
Post a Comment
<< Home