Click Here to get this from pYzam.com!
Thursday, November 09, 2006
Getting on ok, I think?

Hi,
Sorry it has been so long since my last post. I tell you what, adding an active 3 yr old to the house has made a MAJOR difference in our life. Who knew?
Whale and T fight like brother and sister, she is a little more touchy than he is. She is comprehending English very well, and is using a few more English words each week. She definitely knows the word NO. She tells us no a lot, a lot more than one would expect. She is a bit of a hard head, she wants her way and when she doesn't get it, a throw down screaming fit ensues. She has had a fair amount of time outs already. Just tonight as a matter of fact. She threw her plate on the floor when she decided she was done with dinner. Then I got her down from the table and took off her bib and you would have thought the world ended. She did the whole throw herself in the floor, screaming and rocking. I picked her up and put her in her time out chair. She stayed there, but didn't like it. After I let her up she came back and wanted my food. I told her no, and she wasn't happy about that either, but life goes on. She is playing nicely with Whale right now. He is having a majorly hard time adjusting to a new one in the house. He has been the only one for almost 4 years and now a new little one comes in and turns his world upside down. If we are hugging him she comes over and pushes him away and if we are hugging her he comes over and just wants included. I love my kiddos, but man they are testing my nerves. I think the last one I have is raw and about ready to snap, but I keep my cool for the most part and just try to be a good mom to both of them.
T is ripe for the potty training, but she tells us AFTER she goes in the diaper. I got those Cool Alert pull ups today. Maybe this will help, who knows worth a try. We have been able to catch her at least once a day to get the poop in the potty chair. She gets it and is excited when she does it, but just doesn't tell us for some reason until it is too late.
WOW, she just came up to me as I was typing and said "Balloon" Whoo hoo! I got them both balloons at Meijer today and she let it go for the 4th time just before dinner and I told her no more until after dinner. She is a little smarty like her brother. Oh yes, I also got my first spontaneous kiss from her this week too. She has never kissed us, she always did the whole blow the kiss in the orphanage. We would kiss her, but she never kissed us back. She started kissing our hands when she saw Whale do it. She has had a cold or snotty nose virtually every day since we have had her home so we have not kissed her on the mouth. But there was about a week she was completely healthy and we did the kiss on the mouth and she came up to me early this week and kissed my mouth. It was very sweet and wonderful. I think she still favors her daddy over me, but that is OK, I will let him have his day in the sunshine. Mine will come soon enough.
It was a beautiful day here in Indiana today and we went outside and took a walk around the block. We came home and they played outside on the swing set and in the sandbox. They loved it. I think she will love the pool this summer. We don't have one, but we go to a community pool in a neighboring town. The one in our town is wayyy too crowded. We got down Whale's little tricycle yesterday and let her get the feel of it, but she doesn't get the pedaling part of it. She just wants us to push her on it and it quite frankly breaks our backs to bend down and push that long. :)
I still haven't gotten her registered with the Ukrainian Embassy. I have only a couple more days, but tomorrow is our 16th Wedding Anniversary and then my birthday is next week. I still love my birthday even though I am getting as old as dirt. I really don't care about presents and such, I just like to feel special on my special day. I go back to work next week and I am excited but nervous. I heard it is a mess there, not with the girl covering for me, just the whole place in general so I am going to be a busy little beaver. Maybe that will motivate me to get the registration sent in. I won't be the reason others cannot adopt, so no one comment on me not doing it :( I have gotten Whales reports and everything in every year. I will still send them every year even though they are only required every 3rd year after the first 3 which we have done already. I think Ukrainian adoption is going to become impossible very soon anyway. They want these children to stay in Ukraine so bad they are doing all they can to prevent foreign adoption. While we were there we talked with some people and the director at the orphanage Whale and T came from has about 200 kids under 4 and supposedly he has to place at least 90 of them in foster homes by next year or the year after. When they go in the foster homes they are no longer considered adoptable (per the Ukrainian government). So really in fact these kids will be "adopted" but the family will still get a government stipend each month for fostering them. I just don't understand Ukraine, if their own people don't want these kids or CAN'T take them and others would happily take them and take care of them, wouldn't you think that would be what they would want? OK, off of my soapbox for now. . . .

This week on "A Baby Story" on TLC during the day they are doing Adoption stories. There has been one from Kasakstan, one from China, and today one from Korea. I just sit and bawl through them every day. It kind of shows the families getting paperwork ready and explaining how hard it is, and how many people do not understand what is involved in adoption. SOOOOO TRUE!!!!! It shows them briefly in country, mostly when they meet their child and then coming home and a little adjusting time afterward. Today there was a man who said it best, he said, "If they put biological parents through what they put adoptive parents through" something like there would be a lot less unwanted children in this world. I didn't want to finish the quote if it was wrong.
I will certainly miss TLC's programming from 1 pm until 3 pm every day. I don't always get to watch all of it but the parts I do are great. T usually takes her nap from 1 to 3 and whale is at school so instead of Laundry and cleaning I watch these shows, LOL and my house shows it.
OK, I guess that is all for now. I have to make some plans for the remainder of this week. DH's mother is in the hospital and his father needs help with insulin and such and they are about 45 minutes away from us (actually all of their children) and we are taking turns making sure he is cared for while she is in the hospital. DH and T went up today for lunch time and we are all going to go up tomorrow maybe. I know at least DH will, then again on Saturday, but we will all go then as my niece has a birthday on Saturday in the same town. Well, then Sunday more COLTS!!!! Whoo Hoo! I am going to wear my COLTS jersey to church on Sunday. Last Sunday there were at least 20-30 people at second service alone with Colts Jerseys on. We are definitely a laid back contemporary church. OK, this is really all for now. I need to go get some things done before "The Office" and "Grey's Anatomy" come on.
Hopefully I will be able to post more often when I go back to work. I can use my lunchtime and do it without any interruptions.


1 Comments:

Blogger adoptedthree said...

Hey Amy
Try signing potty with T, that way she can sign it when she needs to go. That is what we did with Oksana and she is pretty much potty trained and uses the big potty as well.
Make a fist by your shoulder then just turn it right to left. That is the sign for potty

GO Colts--oops I mean Bengals

Post a Comment

<< Home