Click Here to get this from pYzam.com!
Wednesday, November 15, 2006
Happy Birthday to me.......:(

Hello, What a pitiful day today was. It started out promising as DH actually came home from work at a reasonable time and I was actually 10 minutes early to work. Which is very unusual for me as I am usually clocking in at 7:01, 7:05 etc... soooo when he got home early he had also brought me a Starbucks Carmel Frappuccino, YUMMY!!!! So went to work and started the day, come to find out my friends/office mates had a pitch in luncheon for me. Yay!!! Meatloaf, Green bean casserole, mashed potatoes, rolls, banana cream pie, Black bean salsa dip w/ Chips and cupcakes. DH went up to his parents house to help them with lunch, but come to find out his brother had already brought it. So he hung out and visited them for awhile. T played with her grandma for the first time with out crying so that was a good thing. Whale got out of school so DH had to be home to get him off of the bus. I had to work over about a 1/2 hour. I got home and guess what...............................

Nothing, no cake, no flowers, no card, no dinner, nothing. :( Whale had even ask me on the phone before school if he could blow out my candles and I told him yes. I guess not! So needless to say, I am pretty sad. My mom called me about 9 am and told me Happy birthday and she gave me my card and gift on Monday. My sister called me on her way home from work and said happy birthday and she is going to make me dinner for my birthday. I think that is nice. I think I am going to go in and bake my own cake and ice it and then put birthday candles on it and have the kids sit by me and sing happy birthday to myself and set the camera on the timer and take pictures of myself. Then won't he feel bad?

OK, new subject, I am tired of feeling sorry for myself.

I am worried about Whale. He is not doing very well right now. Horrible time adjusting. I think it is a slight bit better since I went back to work, however the note from his teacher today was not good. I hope he starts handling this adjustment better than he is now. I don't know what to do to help him.
T seems to be doing fabulous. She listens pretty well and she is learning English very well. I would say her comprehension is 100 times better than her verbal, but I guess that is pretty normal. She didn't really speak Russian really clear or correctly. Like she would call a car a "Ma-chi-cha" instead of "Machina" so I think she is doing really well with English. She has gotten the word No down pat, LOL!!!


They are actually sitting here on the chair, whale has his arm around T and they are watching "Monster House" it is very cute. I am posting a picture of how cute it is.


OK, I guess I have to go bake my cake and then I need to fold and hang up clothes from yesterdays laundry. Fun times!

Later!



2 Comments:

Blogger adoptedthree said...

Happy Belated Birthday Amy!

Blogger vodkamartini said...

Amy,

Don't feel bad- yesterday was my birthday (and my 4oth to boot!!)
I got to deal with a broken bathroom water pipe raining water down all over my basement.

Hope you enjoyed your birthday cake. So glad you're still posting- the kids are just adorable!!

We leave for Ukraine on Dec. 3rd!

Lisa S.

Post a Comment

<< Home