Hey all,
I know it has been forever since my last post. We have been very very very busy. Whale is still struggling with some adjustment issues. He loves to torment T, she loves to scream. When she doesn't get her way she throws herself on the floor and rocks really hard from side to side. We are trying to put a stop to that. We are doing time outs. I know that this is her way of dealing with her anger, but it is also her silent way of throwing a temper tantrum. She is generally a very pleasant little girl. She is learning English really well. I think she tries really hard to talk but it is just kind of babbling unless she is very adamant and it is a very commonly used phrase like "All Done, papa sleeping, outside, shoes on, bye bye, Malako (Russian for Milk), Car" those types of things. She does really well at comprehending English, but her expressive is getting much better considering the poor baby has only been home a little over a month.
Whale and T were both so excited by the "Twinkle Lights" as Whale calls them and we have never put Christmas lights up outside in the 16 years we have been married, but this week we did. I went and bought those little spiral trees (set of 3) and we have a posted Yard light that we wrapped with lights and that just thrills him to death and DH is not freaking out thinking we have a Griswold yard. We have just started calling him Scroogy McScrooge. I have still been taking Mondays off. I will do this through the end of the year. I am using these days to do appointments (when possible) and just spending the day with T. We went Christmas shopping this past Monday. We got several of Whale's gifts, LOL! I don't think she is going to be able to tell him what they are. DH is working a lot, I am working, a couple of days a week we are going up to take his parents dinner. I made Beef Stroganoff for them on Sunday night. They seemed to enjoy it. I know my kids and I did. I made homemade Chicken Noodle soup, more noodle than soup, tonight. They loved it. T ate 2 small bowls and Whale ate one pretty good size one. I have to say it was pretty good as I pat myself on the back :) DH just went back for his second bowl. LOL, as I was typing that last sentence he came around the corner mumbling with a full mouth, "Wow, this is good" I do feel the love at dinner time around here.
I had a horrible night last night, Whale is not sleeping well. He has been doing pretty good at sleeping in his own bed. The struggle is getting a little worse. I put him to bed last night at 9:30 or so and at 9:45 he was slamming the closet door in the hall way looking for Kleenex. Well, needless to say he woke up T who had been asleep since 8:30. So I had two screaming kids. I finally had it and told them both to be quiet and go to sleep. Hello! what is wrong with these kids, I was trying to find out who the prince chose on "The Bachelor" . Anyway, T went back to sleep again, and Whale woke her up again screaming because he couldn't find his little airplane to be in his bed with him. I was at my wits end. It was 11:05 at this point and I have to get up at 5:30 am. I told him if he got up again or screamed again I was going to spank him. He went to sleep finally, but was up screaming again at 6:04 am wanting that stupid plane again. Woke up T AGAIN!!! They both ended up going back to sleep and she actually slept until 9:15 this morning. I don't know how to fix this problem. He can get up 5 -10 times in one hour to pee, and believe it or not, he can squeeze out at least a drop or two every single time. He doesn't have a UTI, so I don't know what his deal is. He is not peeing the bed or anything. I thought he was just manipulating, which he may be, but man, I cannot stop my pee and then go back 2 minutes later and do it again, over and over and over.
OK I am quite sure you are all bored with my boring everyday life and I don't even know if anyone is reading this anymore since I post so rarely. Thanks to everyone if your are :) By the way,
GO COLTS!!!!!!!!!!!
One of my favorites Dallas Clark got hurt really bad on Sunday, so I hope he will get better and be able to come back before the end of the season. My other favorite is the Rookie Joseph Addai, love him!
Here is the picture I promised.


2 Comments:
Okay Amy
It is uncanny the resemblance between T and Whale. Just amazing.
Hey you think two is bad- try having three whining at the same time-- CALGON TAKE ME AWAY!!
XO and you better keep blogging
I hope things calm down for you guys soon! T is looking so much healthier and happier. They are both adorable. I know you are busy but when you get the time could you explain (again) how you found T. No rush, whenever. Cara Norby
norbycj@yahoo.com
Post a Comment
<< Home